Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Mike Haven and JasonHoldem

You guys invented the OIC. How come you're not playing in it?
Old 11-14-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Mike Haven and JasonHoldem

we're cleaning up at party while you sharks are out of town
Old 11-14-2004, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh...don't reveal the true reason "we" started this thing. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] (To those who aren't aware, Mike is the actual creator.)

I actually intend to do some OIC'ing but have been away for the weekend and will be starting either tonight or tomorrow perhaps...I'm still trying to make sure I got all the bonuses from this weekend, catch up on PM's, try out the new software overlay thing, etc...

J
Old 11-14-2004, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always assumed FBG would be more of a whale than a shark.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:28 AM

I was one of the guys who messed with it for awhile.

but I'm opposed to doing it on one particular site - think it should be open to all locations, so to speak.

RB
Old 11-15-2004, 07:40 AM

I guess for a start there wouldn't be any bonuses if it was done at more than one site.

Secondly whilst it relies on trust a lot at least TGC can check things/keep any eye on things by reference to hand histories etc when necessary. Its also more sociable cos everyone is having the same experience at the same site and you're more likely to run into other twoplustwoers (is that word?).

Thirdly, if it were at more than one site you wouldn't have the $50 bankroll insurance/bonus which is, I would imagine, what prompts most people to give it a go. People that otherwise wouldn't take a sustained shot at moving up limits.

In any event I have found the games there quite good, even though there obviously isn't as much choice as at party, say. Even though you might not get the total psycho tables that you can run into at Party I find its sometimes easier to make money off LP players anyway. The number of bad beat stories and frustrated posts on the daily threads is testament enough to the good games there in a perverse way. The games are good, the only problem is that it can be more difficult to take advantage of that on a limited bankroll as take one bad run of cards, a few bad rivers and suddenly you're freefalling back down the limits, but that's all part of the fun.

So all in all I think its a great idea and think apprecaition is due to both those that organised it and TGC themselves. BTW I am doing well this time so am probably sickeningly waxing lyrical about it right now (before I get slaughtered at 10/20 no doubt as has happened every time I have taken a shot at a 10/20 game in the past - but taht's the whole point of this thing anyway, right?). But FWIW I did the OIC last time and managed to just about get out of .5/1 before blowing everything in one session and I still thought it was a good idea then.

To be honest I'm surprised more people aren't taking part. I can understand the big hitters not being so interested given that wasting a few days at micro limits and small limits is probably giving up too much to make it worthwhile but for everyone else I think its the perfect opportunity to hone limit skills and see how you get on playing at a level higher than you normally would, effectively on a freeroll.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:43 AM

does TGC actually have enough players? - if yer just playing other 2+2ers, it'd be real hard.

RB