Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 10:42 AM

Default 1800gambler/Eurobet Revisited

First let me say that the starting of rake rebate comparison sites (I believe it was Homer who got the ball rolling) is the best thing I have seen on this forum; and the best possible development for the poker-playing community. I am going to wait until they are up before I sign on with an affiliate since the new sites hopefully will provide full disclosure on who's offering what.

Secondly--since I unintentionally provided 1800gambler with some free advertising recently, I feel obligated to provide this additional information about his Eurobet program:

1. When you sign up with other Eurobet affiliates, they give you a referral code/link to use when opening your account. This referral link takes you to Eurobet's standard sign-in page which offers Eurobet's standard 25%-up-to-$50 initial sign-up bonus.

2. When you sign up with Jay (1800gambler), he tells you that Eurobet doesn't use the affiliate-code-link system and you have to send him all your personal information and HE has to open the account for you.

3. I am surmising that his purpose for doing this is to avoid having the new player get the sign-up bonus. When I discovered this information I sent Jay an email inquiring about the bonus and have received only silence in return.

4. Jay has stated that Eurobet required him to sign an agreement that he will guarantee to pay his sign-ups at least 25% rakeback (other affiliates will probably pay less as they are just getting started and may not be able to afford 25% until they get their player base established).

5. So is forfeiting the $50 bonus in return for 25% a good deal or a bad deal? Obviously it depends on the individual player and how much rake he generates.

6.My "issue" with this is that I was misled and not made aware of the tit-for-tat tradeoff. Obviously I think others should be made aware of it.

7. Let me further state that I may be all wrong here; but I think the issue deserves airing.

8. Standard disclaimer: This is not spam, yada, yada . . .is there such a thing as NEGATIVE spam?? If so, Im sure I'll hear about it . . . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Re: 1800gambler/Eurobet Revisited

Just received the following PM. Sender doesn't want to get involved in the inevitable controversy, but gave me permission to post it. Just more info that you can take or leave as you see fit! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""
I saw your post about 1800Gambler. I asked for a rakeback deal and asked affiliates to PM me. Jay PMed me and offered me 25%. I then inquired about the $200 signup bonus they had and he e-mailed me back pissed off. He asked if was in this for longterm rakeback or just to get the bonus b/c the bonus would come out if his MGR. I then e-mailed him back and stated I was looking for a long term rakeback but I was also interested in the bonus and that I would like to signup under him. He then e-mails me back and mentions 22.5% rakeback when he had originally offered me 25%. I e-mailed him back and copy/pasted the PM he sent me offering 25%. He then e-mails me back a couple days later and says Eurobet just changed their policies and they only allow him to offer a maximum of 22.5% so that's why he changed his offer to 22.5% for me. This is total BS. And like you mentioned, he likes you to send all your info to him so he can create your username and everything else. This way you don't enter the bonus code and it doesn't come out of his MGR. He's extremely shady if you ask me. After all that I e-mailed him back and told him I would have to decline his offer.....
.................................................. ..........
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 PM

The moral of this thread is:

"You lie to the bull, you get the horn!" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2004, 12:40 PM

That was a very informative post. 1800GAMBLER really is a lowlife.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:41 PM

Sigh. Before i read this, again the usual message, i didn't ask for this post and didn't know it was coming. The last one got deleted so it seems stupid to make this one.

However, flamed or not there is a lot of misinformation in this post about me so i'm going to clear it up.

[ QUOTE ]
1. When you sign up with other Eurobet affiliates, they give you a referral code/link to use when opening your account. This referral link takes you to Eurobet's standard sign-in page which offers Eurobet's standard 25%-up-to-$50 initial sign-up bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurobet have no referral 'codes' as empire/party do. They do have links. However the problem with the links - from what i've been told by another affiliate - is if the person has already once before visited the eurobet site they wont be tracked under you. The affiliate who told me this has already had problems with this.

[ QUOTE ]
2. When you sign up with Jay (1800gambler), he tells you that Eurobet doesn't use the affiliate-code-link system and you have to send him all your personal information and HE has to open the account for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say eurobet don't offer referral 'codes' which is true.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I am surmising that his purpose for doing this is to avoid having the new player get the sign-up bonus. When I discovered this information I sent Jay an email inquiring about the bonus and have received only silence in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason i do this is to save problems later on when the affiliatee starts to complain that the tracker isn't working. This way i can ensure you are tracked under me. However you still can get the bonus, as you obviously don't know - yet made this post - the part when you get the bonus is when you move money from the sports book to the poker room, me making your account does not affect this.

[ QUOTE ]
5. So is forfeiting the $50 bonus in return for 25% a good deal or a bad deal? Obviously it depends on the individual player and how much rake he generates.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said above, you can still get the bonus.

[ QUOTE ]
6.My "issue" with this is that I was misled and not made aware of the tit-for-tat tradeoff. Obviously I think others should be made aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw your post about 1800Gambler. I asked for a rakeback deal and asked affiliates to PM me. Jay PMed me and offered me 25%. I then inquired about the $200 signup bonus they had and he e-mailed me back pissed off. He asked if was in this for longterm rakeback or just to get the bonus b/c the bonus would come out if his MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is utterly crazy. As seen in the other thread i had a lot of random attacks including wrong information. This again is another. The event above has never occured, if it did i would happily offer the bonus to the sign up yet remind them a percentage comes out of the rake back i recieve.

[ QUOTE ]
Eurobet just changed their policies and they only allow him to offer a maximum of 22.5%

[/ QUOTE ]

This shows how obvious of a lie this is because i am contracted to give more.

Ok. That last line is 'spam' however if i am having lies aimed at me surely i have the right to give the right information. It's amazing how many attacks i'm getting for this when this month i wont profit from the affiliate problem at all.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:56 PM

me making your account does not affect this.

i did not understand this in his post and don't understand it in yours.

what does this mean "you" make the account. people provide you with their personal info and you open the account? i'm not arguing about your trustworthiness, i have never had an issue with that. however, i'd like to know how people are expected to give an affiliate their personal info? what if the affiliate is not trustworthy?

also, does the eurobet terms not state that people have to open their OWN account?
Old 11-06-2004, 01:02 PM

Hey.

The details needed are the same details as required by party when you sign up there they then issue us a user/pass which we send out. The following line i send out after that is 'Please change your password before you make your first deposit'. So even if you ran into a none trustworthy the worst he can do is give you prank phone calls.

This isn't against the T&Cs because under my affiliate log in the option is the make the accountt for the sign ups.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:05 PM

can you please answer my PM!..

lol
Old 11-06-2004, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you please answer my PM!..

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, done. This has had me house bound for the last two days to keep on top of this.