Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 01:23 AM

Default Open Letter to Granny

Granny, I have a couple of questions for you:

You tout yourself as being in the "business of poker" in which case all of us here are your potential customers.

What kind of impression do you think you make when you come across like a mad dog?

If you were looking to sign up under an affiliate, would you rush to Granny?

What if there were a disagreement/misunderstanding somewhere down the line--would you want to try to deal with Granny?

Would you patronize any business where the proprietor acts like Granny?

If a poll were taken today to identify the biggest A-spot on 2+ 2, who do you think would win?

My own behavior on here has been crappy, granted, but I'm not in business here, so it really doesn't matter. But with you it probably SHOULD matter, if you want to prosper in your business.

What right do I have to judge your conduct? None, really, except from the vantage point of a prospective customer. It happens that I am looking to sign up under an affiliate; and I have to say that you present a public image that spells TROUBLE.

If you are running true to form, you will jump right on this and reply that you "wouldn't touch my crappy business with a 10-foot pole" or some such. Would that be good business practice?

Maybe it's YOUR turn to grow up. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Open Letter to Granny

Granny has a long history here, something you couldn't be aware of in your own short membership.

So what if she gets it wrong sometimes ala the Shark episode--nobody's perfect. She's cultivated an interesting net persona and usually nails her targets. Far better that than some of the inane junk that ends up in the forum.

Insp.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:32 AM

If you think Granny gives a STFU about any money she gets from affiliates then you really haven't been around here long enough to know anything.

Granny was the pioneer of returning RAF bonuses without getting a penny from the deal and she only stopped when others took over and she no longer had the time to help out.

It's your own greed that makes you unable to understand her usual position of helping people for no gain.

Lori
Old 10-22-2004, 01:37 AM

Quit whining about little old ladies mannerisms!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:33 AM

Why would you even care? I'm sure Granny does quite well. If her "image" was costing money, she would know. My guess is that it is not.

Honesty and integrity in business is what really matters. From what I know, Granny is fair and honest. What more does a prospective client need?

Since you are interested in having an affiliate, you would be dumb to dismiss Granny based on her internet deportment. A lot of people will smile at you while reaching into your pocket ... that's a good thing if you are paying for a reach-around, but I am guessing you are not.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:27 AM

Excellent post!

You are absolutely right about grannymae. These people here are too dumb to know any better.

GrannyMae's new name should be TrannyMae. She is an ignorant woman trapped in a man's body.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:56 AM

Now that mustard has has spoken...
Old 10-22-2004, 04:16 AM

Below,

I for one appreciate the new insights you bring to this forum. For far too long, Granny has been dragging this forum with her shameless efforts to attract customers, all the while proclaiming in a masterful trick of reverse psychology that she really doesn't care about the money and such.

Now, anybody who has been reading these forums for longer than you has obviously been duped. As we become accustomed to the way the world is, as we age, we become resistent to change, and this includes a change in our own minds even when necessary.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Once we have kicked Granny off of her pedastal, perhaps you would be willing to take her spot and make sure everything is right in the world.

Now let us together make this forum realize the truth! Damn the torpedoes!

-Michael
Old 10-22-2004, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of impression do you think you make when you come across like a mad dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

GrannyMae comes across as a complete idiot.

But GrannyMae is pretty funny. Her ignorance and belligerence on these boards are more humorous than anything.

Old 10-22-2004, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think Granny gives a STFU

[/ QUOTE ]