Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Mutiny

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another pointless/devoid of content message from one of the kings of spam? Shocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reputation precedes you and you are highly thought of in the 2+2 forums. Many people wish to call you friend.

That I am shocked that you are a lawyer is not an attack against you but your blatant reply calling me "One of the kings of spam" as well as stating this is yet another pointless post by me devoid of content is.

If I were you Mat would already be notified. Matter of fact that is exactly what I going to do.

Thank you.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:46 PM

Poor thomastem, the innocent victim of a horribly malicious attack. Do whatever makes you happy as far as notifying the moderator. Mat is smart enough to see through your troll post that led to my response.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poor thomastem, the innocent victim of a horribly malicious attack. Do whatever makes you happy as far as notifying the moderator. Mat is smart enough to see through your troll post that led to my response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everything have to be a fight with you?

I'm shocked that you are a lawyer and that is somehow a troll post? Do you consistantly question other 1 word or 1 line replies?

Look if I were to meet you in person I'd have a good laugh and buy you a beer. Life is too short to hold a grudge against someone you never met on a forum.

Can't you just let it go?
Old 10-20-2004, 05:44 PM

I'm not fighting with you and I'm not going to let you turn this into a fight. The past several months of having you not directly try to stir things up with me has been nice. If you (and your aliases) will leave me alone I'll continue to stay out of your way.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:14 AM

Yo hutz, I heard you were hitting people up for loans on Party because you busted out. I didn't think you were such a poor player.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:13 AM

We interrupt the thomstem/hutz feud to bring this update:

The company commander was relieved of duty "at her request". The unit had also allegedly just gotten back from a 3 1/2 mission to deliver the contaminated fuel, but it was rejected so they took it back to their base. The commander then just wanted to get rid of it and ordered the unit to take it somewhere else that's apparently a pretty dangerous place that the unit was ill prepared to deal with. Its a shame that it had to reach this point before the army realized it had a big problem with this officer.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:53 PM

The issue is not the competence of the commander. The issues are:

1. Not following orders
2. Organizing a group to not follow orders

As I noted in a prior post, the military has a structure in place to deal with the inevitable incompetent commander. This group failed to follow it and they did it in the worst possible way.

If they had followed procedures, an inquiry would have been revealed the commander's failings. Now, they have exposed themselves to charges the military takes very seriously and only the politcal climate of the day may spare them from extremely harsh punishment. However, to keep from setting a precedent, some punishment is inevitable.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:19 PM

But we don't know exactly what happened between the time the senior noncom or whomever decided that the mission was probably a very bad idea and when the arrests took place. The unit commander may have overstepped her authority in some way that didn't allow proper procedures to be followed. The senior noncom may not have followed his training properly. I know enlisted personnel are repeatedly trained on how to deal with illegal orders, but this case might be a little different.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:29 PM

Since this incident has received so much press and will in most likelihood continue to do so, there seems to be no chance that this can be "swept under the carpet". I know I will follow it with interest. I am curious though how the military will be able to rationalize letting any of the people go without some punishment that is more than a "slap on the wrist".
Old 10-22-2004, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another pointless/devoid of content message from one of the kings of spam? Shocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reputation precedes you and you are highly thought of in the 2+2 forums. Many people wish to call you friend.

That I am shocked that you are a lawyer is not an attack against you but your blatant reply calling me "One of the kings of spam" as well as stating this is yet another pointless post by me devoid of content is.

If I were you Mat would already be notified. Matter of fact that is exactly what I going to do.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can we go about protecting Hutz from stupid posters like this? If it weren't for Hutz half of 2+2 would leave IMO.

Anyone want to help take up the cause?