Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 PM

Default What Now? (advice post, little strategy)

Ok, well about a month or two ago I moved up to 1/2. I was getting my butt handed to me and was loosing at whopping rate of -10BB/100 over the first 1-2K hands. The thing is I know that I was losing not just hitting bad varience. I was really playing badly.

So I head over and open up a party account. I play 45 days worth of 1/2 on the beginners tables and am crushing it. After 11K hands I have moved my win rate to 5.6BB/100 (including the intial downswing). Well to make a long story short. No more beginnners = losing again.

Ive hit about a 100BB downswing again over 1K hands. I know the problem. Smaller pots and less people willing to go the distance with me means I'm losing more than Im winning. I'm not playing optimal poker. I'm also not sure what is going on since I thought I was playign SSHE style poker. Ive read it like 4 times and Im on my way through it again now to try and plug leaks. I think that I am smart enough and well enough in control to beat 1/2. I am not on tilt. I closed down two windows and am now playing two tables rathar than 4. I've noticed that the players at 1/2 are actually thinking. I get checkraised with the worst of it a lot more. It seems that my aggression is costing me money now (although I think that this should not be the case) so I must be miss applying where I am agressive.

Here is my question
Should I move down again or suck it up at one table until I figure things out?

I can easily beat .5/1. I beat it for like 8BB/100 over 10K hands. I dont feel like if I move back down that I will be able to work on my game in a way that helps me to beat 1/2. I also dont like seeing myself possibly pissing away a 2K bankroll that I built at micros, just trying to beat 1/2 until I figure it out.

I know that 1/2 is beatable. I know that I might be experiencing varience/coincidence due to small sample sizes. The problem is that I dont feel like I am playing optimal poker. If I did I would be much less concerned with at 100BB downswing.

Any advice?
Greg