Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

View Poll Results: Group 2 - Eight vs. Sixteen
Zoolander (16) 44 22.11%
Caddyshack (8) 155 77.89%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Poll: Your favorite / least favorite characters from the 2005 WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
That's right! I may have hated that guy more than Stillman. Totally overreacts to everything and has such excessive guilt for spending the week in vegas that he has to kiss the pictures constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just the nature of my marriage, but if I had been in his position with a chance to win $7.5 million, my wife not only wouldn't have minded me going to Vegas, she would have held the door open for me and fairly kicked my ass out of it whilst telling me not to come back unless I made it into the money. Even if she had the plague or something.

--Scott
Old 11-23-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's right! I may have hated that guy more than Stillman. Totally overreacts to everything and has such excessive guilt for spending the week in vegas that he has to kiss the pictures constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just the nature of my marriage, but if I had been in his position with a chance to win $7.5 million, my wife not only wouldn't have minded me going to Vegas, she would have held the door open for me and fairly kicked my ass out of it whilst telling me not to come back unless I made it into the money. Even if she had the plague or something.

--Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but at the time he left her lying in the hospital bed, he was just one of 5600 some odd jagg-offs with an infintesimal chance to win $7.5 million dollars.

--Zetack
Old 11-23-2005, 05:26 PM

I had Raymer and Matusow as faves. I was praying for awful things to happen to Matusow last year and don't know what changed this time--maybe the cast of losers he was up against.

I had Shiekhan as my most hated. Just looking at him raised my blood pressure. I thought the bowler dude was completely classless, so he edged out the Tiffany Williamson(?) for most hated
Old 11-23-2005, 05:33 PM

I liked Matusow and Hachem. Not so favourites were that smelling piece of [cencored] and Tiffany Williamson.

Kessler was also very nice guy, very likeable.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know about the best, but THE worst was the dude who kept making out with the picture of his wife and kids... oh lord, how annoying! prolly a nice guy in the world, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I read this guy's blog from the WSOP. He is a nice guy it seems, and the whole reason he kept kissing the pictures is because they were the only thing giving him inspiration to stay there. Apparently the long hours were wearing on him A LOT, and he thought many times about just leaving to go home, mid tournament!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Poll: Your favorite / least favorite characters from the 2005 WSOP?

I'll admit to being one of the 2% of people who voted for Stillman as one of my favorites. I intentionally didn't list any criteria in the poll instructions, because I figured everyone should have leeway to interpret "favorite" and "hate" how they wanted to.

"Favorite character" I took as referring to someone who made watching the WSOP on TV more entertaining, and I thought Stillman fit that bill personally. He may be disgusting, obnoxious, uneducated, and an all-around -EV human being, but no one can accuse him of being boring. I shure as hell enjoyed seeing footage of him, rather than a table full of "Lazars" or "Barch's", even while those two would eat Stillman's lunch poker-wise.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:25 PM

I liked it when the Sheik looked like he was going to kick Matsuow's ass after Mike told him to shut the f**k up. Everyone remembers when Matsuow bullied Raymer last year with the small/big balls taunt. Good to see the bully get outbullied.

What exactly did Sheik do to make him seem like indecent human being? The episode with Tiffany, I think, got people pissed both ways. It looked like she deliberately wasted all her time with KJ just because the Sheik had showed some disdain earlier.

[ QUOTE ]
can someone who liked the sheik please explain why? at no point in the coverage did he act like a decent human being. i was rooting for the mouth to bust him every time mike got his money in behind (72o) even though mike is no gentleman. the sheik was so rude throughout the coverage especially in the hand where he had folded and he indicated his frustation at having done so given the flop, indicating that his folded hand got a good chunk of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone who liked the sheik please explain why? at no point in the coverage did he act like a decent human being. i was rooting for the mouth to bust him every time mike got his money in behind (72o) even though mike is no gentleman. the sheik was so rude throughout the coverage especially in the hand where he had folded and he indicated his frustation at having done so given the flop, indicating that his folded hand got a good chunk of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he was freakin hilarious...

Mouth: "Cmon Sheeky, it's all in good fun, I like you"

Sheikan: "Well I don't like you bro"

I mean, ESPN couldn't write funnier stuff.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Poll: Your favorite / least favorite characters from the 2005 WSOP?

Players I liked most were Steve Danneman and Mike "The Mouth" Matusow.

Players I couldnt stand were Tiffany Williamson and Aaron "Luck Box" Kanter.