Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Be an accomplice (step-by-step hand)

If you are one of those ppl that hate step-by-steps, you might hate this thread. What I have here is another hand from my friend. I thought the hand was intresting when I looked at it, but sometimes I also find standard hands intresting...either way hopefully u find it the same...but just in case I will also propose hypothetical question/situations as well. My intention was for this to be interactive. So if this thread dies fast, it might be a little awkward.

4 handed game. BB just sat. limper is loose passive, she will fold if she doesnt have a piece or draw and if she raises, any hand u think u have thats the nuts, well if she raises its not the nuts anymore.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero.....

So besides what you do on the flop, answers these:

1. Preflop good or do u raise?

Hypotheticals:
2.BB is a decent player (does this change anything)

3.The flop is instead K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] OR A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Im assuming c/c flop, but what is your turn plan usually...c/c, c/f, b/f?)
Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Be an accomplice (step-by-step hand)

I'm betting at the first flop and checking the hypotheticals. I don't isolate a LP limper from the SB with QT personally.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:22 PM

I would CR the flop. I would CR the king high flop but just call the ace high.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would CR the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is one reason I decided to post this hand. Me and my friend argued the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

I would CR the king high flop but just call the ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I still had the power to edit my post I would put the K-high flop and A-high flops as seperate questions. that was my orginal intent, but I didnt want to have a ton of questions.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Preflop good or do u raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I bet, BB is probably going to raise here and I'd like to get it heads up.

Getting 5:1 I a complete is fine, not sure I like raising to isolate with QTo. If BB calls my raise I am not happy at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Hypotheticals:
2.BB is a decent player (does this change anything)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet.

[ QUOTE ]
3.The flop is instead K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] OR A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Im assuming c/c flop, but what is your turn plan usually...c/c, c/f, b/f?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably c/c, c/f unimproved.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would CR the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is one reason I decided to post this hand. Me and my friend argued the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally would not c/r the J high flop. I would bet into the PFR, hoping he raises to protect your hand against the LPP. If the LPP plays on, then based on your read you have a better idea if you're good or not (i.e. call down or fold UI). I interpret a player that raises only with the nuts to also have the nuts when they call 2 down. I don't find these players to be common, however. But, I'm answering based on your read. If this passive player might be just plain bad, as most of my reads are instead of yours, I'd also check-raise and not care if he came along.

I do this with the K high board too.

For the A high board, I bet out regardless. Hands without aces raise less than they open bet. I don't want to check/call, and if the PFR raises &amp; the LPP calls, then it's an easy fold.

If it goes bet/raise/fold/call, then continuing depends on the read of the PFR'er.

If it goes bet/raise/call/call, I c/f UI.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:38 PM

no pfr for me. What does a flop c/r achieve but swelling a pot? If we check, BB bets, other villain calls, we c/r. I prefer the donk for BB to raise it up and hopefully drive the other dude out.

I would donk the K and J hi flops, but certainly be concerned about the ace high flop...

Anyway.
1) complete goot
2) BB being decent changes nothing till i see more of the hand
3) donk J hi and K hi; if not raised, bet-fold UI.
c/c A hi and c/f turn UI.