Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Am i spewing here?

i would put in one more bet (on the turn) before going into calldown mode... as I think AA caps this flop like always, and AK a lot. A turn raise from villain doesn't necessarily mean you're behind, but I think if you get capped again (if you 3-bet) you'd be drawing either dead (if villain has KK) or to 2 outs (if villain had QQ)
Old 11-04-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Tom and Hobbs thanks. If this player capped the flop i think his range is exactly AA-QQ and AK maybe KQs also as unlikely as that maybe. So i think i am still ahead often enough to bet/call the turn check/call the river. When he capped the turn i threw AK out the window as a possible holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious but do you equally weight AA,AK,KK and QQ when he caps the flop? Just wondering about the math for betting the turn if he caps the flop. We are likely getting raised by KK and QQ, so we lose two bets, but we gain one bet from AA and AK as he is less likely to raise. On top of that, I think if he's aggressive enough to cap the flop with AA and AK he is going to bet the turn 100% of the time if checked to. So in these situations I think I just let him do the betting for me. Just a thought.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:51 PM

Had he limped PF, this would be an easy call/ c/r, but with PF raise...meh...3-betting the flop is probably best.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Tom and Hobbs thanks. If this player capped the flop i think his range is exactly AA-QQ and AK maybe KQs also as unlikely as that maybe. So i think i am still ahead often enough to bet/call the turn check/call the river. When he capped the turn i threw AK out the window as a possible holding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sean, I agree the bet/calling the turn is probably the way to go as I can see many players capping the flop with AK which is going to be the crux of swinging your turn decision from check/call to bet/call.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious but do you equally weight AA,AK,KK and QQ when he caps the flop? Just wondering about the math for betting the turn if he caps the flop. We are likely getting raised by KK and QQ, so we lose two bets, but we gain one bet from AA and AK as he is less likely to raise. On top of that, I think if he's aggressive enough to cap the flop with AA and AK he is going to bet the turn 100% of the time if checked to. So in these situations I think I just let him do the betting for me. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tehox i am not one of the resident math wizzes here but given his range and combos of that range i felt i was far to likely to be ahead to go into call down mode on the turn and river.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tehox i am not one of the resident math wizzes here but given his range and combos of that range i felt i was far to likely to be ahead to go into call down mode on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is much much more likely to have AK or AA than KK or QQ (as there is only one combo left of each of these). But I'm not sure how often he is capping AA or AK on the flop.

More importantly, I think though that if he caps the flop with AA or AK, he is unlikely to raise the turn if you lead, but will bet if you check to him. So checking allows us to get paid off by AA and AK, but not raised by KK or QQ. Probably would really depend on how aggressive he is.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:10 PM

I'm c/ring this flop every time and capping if he 3bets. based on your reads I'm guessing he 3bets here with AK/AA, which are more likely than KK/QQ. if he pops me on the turn, then I'll call down, but not if one of the limpers is still in.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is much much more likely to have AK or AA than KK or QQ (as there is only one combo left of each of these). But I'm not sure how often he is capping AA or AK on the flop.

More importantly, I think though that if he caps the flop with AA or AK, he is unlikely to raise the turn if you lead, but will bet if you check to him. So checking allows us to get paid off by AA and AK, but not raised by KK or QQ. Probably would really depend on how aggressive he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point Tehox your right he may have called down with AK if the flop had been capped. I think he is still raising AA but maybe it is close. If it is i like my original line better.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm c/ring this flop every time and capping if he 3bets. based on your reads I'm guessing he 3bets here with AK/AA, which are more likely than KK/QQ. if he pops me on the turn, then I'll call down, but not if one of the limpers is still in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jeff c/r on the flop is certainly an option but i felt a donk hid the strength of my hand better.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point Tehox your right he may have called down with AK if the flop had been capped. I think he is still raising AA but maybe it is close. If it is i like my original line better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just throwing it out there. If he raises the turn with AA after capping the flop then leading the turn is clearly better (6 combos of AA vs. 2 combos total of KK/QQ), I'm just not sure how often they're raising AA in that spot (I think we're pretty much never getting raised by AK but would depend a lot on reads).