Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 AM

Default A line taken from SSH

Dailly hand post.

Button is very tight otherwise i wouldn't play this here. I wanted to wait for a reasonable turn card before raising. I feel i pretty much have to call this river. Mp is pretty passive on early streets but very aggro on the turn/river. He check/called a floped boat and then capped the river when i filled up.

sb 50 hands 50/4.3/0.4
bb 35 hands 40/5.5/1.2
mp 150 hands 57/13/0.9

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

River: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 11-02-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: A line taken from SSH

1) Fold preflop. With the amount of blinds in this game, this hand in this spot is not worth an orbit.
2) Raise the flop. Your hand is very vunerable.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Fold preflop. With the amount of blinds in this game, this hand in this spot is not worth an orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Tall made a post a while ago about playing 75s behind one limper from the button and GOT/Clark and a few other said they all felt it was correct. As i basically had the button in the game i decided to limp.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Raise the flop. Your hand is very vunerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my default play here until reading the post i linked. I'm just wondering if i applied the concept correctly or if i'm missing something.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 AM

I dont like to try to play 30/20 when I know my postflop isnt good enough to sustain it.
Also, you have an equity deficit here a lot of the time, at least according to pokerstove.

Wait till the turn to raise only if its unlikely you are put under by the turn card. A pair of sevens isnt exactly a high pair.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:40 AM

Fold on the flop. No way you are ahead right now and very little chance to improve to best hand.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold on the flop. No way you are ahead right now and very little chance to improve to best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice name.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:58 AM

I think this is a misapplication of the SSE material. [The plan being to give up your smaller equity on the flop in order to exploit a larger equity later in the hand for anyone not yet familiar with it] The problem I see here is that there are very few good turn cards for you. Any overcard could be bad, and a card lower than 7 isn't so hot as it might be giving someone an oesd or completes another draw. Furthermore, the pot is small and a raise on the flop allows them to make big errors when they call with overcards or inside straight draws, which they will do.

If you had something like 99-JJ and the pot had been raised PF, then I think this would be a better play.

I mean the plan was to raise a safe turn here, or am I missing something?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like to try to play 30/20 when I know my postflop isnt good enough to sustain it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nowhere near 30/20 yet, somewhere around 24/19. On the button i'm something like 30/24 and do quite well.

[ QUOTE ]
Wait till the turn to raise only if its unlikely you are put under by the turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what you mean by saying "only if its unlikely you will be put under by the turn card."

[ QUOTE ]
A pair of sevens isnt exactly a high pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, thats why i'm wondering if a turn raise is going to be a better play.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:11 AM

I was planning on raising any non K, Q, A, depending on the action when it gets to me.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:57 AM

You'd raise the turn to extract more from the people in the hand.

You'd raise the flop to limit the number of people seeing the turn.

There are many different reasons to raise.