Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 AM

Default KQo in the SB

No reads, sorry.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

All streets are up for debate I think.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: KQo in the SB

I really want to play wa/wb from the flop on. how often is JJ calling this down to be profitable when you donk the turn, and how often do you think that you can make KK fold the turn.

Getting called in two places when that ace hits blows. I'm really think of check/calling one on the river, and check/folding an overcall on the river. I dunno, maybe that is on the tight side, but I have a feeling that you aren't that good here enough considering all the action that has happened
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 AM

fold preflop?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:43 AM

christ Evan...that hand is crazy. I can see it going a couple of ways.

Preflop: I can see arguments going for folding, CCing, and raising. My two preferences are CCing and raising. The only thing about CCing is BB...but I think I prefer that to raising.

I think Flop is good, turn is good. Not sure on your river play though after getting called in two spots. I also cannot fault someone for wanting to check/call the turn and river.

Im pretty sure your flop and turn line is pretty close to best. you are right though, almost every street is debateable. This probably didnt help but Im super tired.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:47 AM

I think check/fold on the river. Getting called in 2 places on the turn with that board indicates that you're pretty much done.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:30 AM

Given no reads I'd rather call PF than 3-bet. Flop I think is an easy checkraise. One the PF capper folds you're in great shape against BB and Button. Turn and river look good. Checking would just allow better hands to bet and worse hands to check behind.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think check/fold on the river. Getting called in 2 places on the turn with that board indicates that you're pretty much done.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]did i read this hand wrong? i thought we had a pair of queens.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:47 AM

Maybe my assumptions about 10/20 unknowns is wrong. When an A falls on the turn, the board is drawless, action was capped preflop, you bet and get 2 callers, how often does one of them not have an A? What the hell are they calling with?

I might be able to see an argument for checking river and only calling if action goes bet/fold, but I still think check/folding is better.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell are they calling with?

[/ QUOTE ]

A worse Q, KJ, JT, T9, 97, 76, 64, an 8, a 5, any PP, other random hands.