Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Adjustments in pre-flop strategy and starting card requirements.

Questions on: Adjustments of pre-flop strategy and starting card requirements.

You are on vacation, and you get called to a ten-twenty hold-em game. As you approach the table you notice that the player that you are going to replace, is an old friend from your home town. He stops, sets down his chips, and give you a run down of the game.
He informs you, that the player who is going to be on your immediate right (seat 4) is down two racks and raises with 70% of all her hands pre-flop. And that the player in seat one will raise with anything from a suited 3-5 upwards. That during the last hour there have been an average of 7 callers per hand. With 80 percent of the hands being raised (and 10 percent re-raised) pre-flop.
Other useful information that he provides,include the fact that there have been an average of 4 players calling the flop. And that there have been very few flop and post flop raises.

You thank your old friend, and inform him that you feel that his information can be of assistance in helping you adjust your pre flop strategy in general, and your starting card requirements in particular.

Questions: One; Just how would you modify your pre-flop strategy in general and your starting hand requirements in particular?

Two: Would you just thank your old friend, or should you also pat him on the back?

As always,

Doctavian
Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Adjustments in pre-flop strategy and starting card requirements.

Tighten up and raise premium hands. You could even throw in a few extra suited connectors because there are so many callers and no raisers post flop, so the conditions for chasing are good. Sounds like a sweet table! I want in on that...
Old 08-03-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tighten up and raise premium hands. You could even throw in a few extra suited connectors because there are so many callers and no raisers post flop, so the conditions for chasing are good. Sounds like a sweet table! I want in on that...

[/ QUOTE ]

no! loosen up and play ANY pair in any posiition. get in for 1 bet in late position with any suited 2 or 3 gappers avoer 54s. silly to tighten up in a gamet his good.

-Barron
Old 08-04-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Mirage, table number 1, Sunday pm 7-11.

I was at the Mirage. And I was surprised by the looseness of the table.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no! loosen up and play ANY pair in any posiition. get in for 1 bet in late position with any suited 2 or 3 gappers avoer 54s. silly to tighten up in a gamet his good.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's passive enough preflop I'll way loosen up, any2 suited cards that can make a connecting straight. If it's like 7 limpers to me in the SB or BB and I hold QQ (do not raise, yeah bad advice but you're going to get hurt raising here) I'll limp AK AsKs, JJ, and if there is a raise I'll go ahead and cap it AsKs. Be prepared to drop AA and KK and even slight resistance (if you're in position and the flop is 356 and the turn is a 3 and someone in EP bets with like 5 players behind, fold and don't look back) .

I'll bet and raise cinch hands with full houses, quads, flopped straights etc. No slowplaying what so ever
Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
get in for 1 bet in late position with any suited 2 or 3 gappers avoer 54s.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did read about how often it's raised preflop, right? And who was likely to be raising? It's a loose aggro table.

Although, I do agree you can play a bit looser than the person you're responding to says.

b
Old 08-04-2005, 11:36 PM

Default appreciate advice, Doctavian

Thank you all for your oppinions.
Sincerely
Doctavian