Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Hey stoners, how much is too much?

Lately I've been wondering if I should cut back a little bit on the weedness. I smoke maybe 4-5 times a week in the evenings and maybe a hit or two in the morning when I know work is going to be particularly boring and/or annoying (which is maybe 2-3x per week)

There's been nothing really leading up to these feelings other than my head has felt a little muddled lately, more than I'd like it to. Nothing serious, just a general cloudiness at times.

What signs do you other potheads use as a warning that you need to cut back for awhile? Or do you even care?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Hey stoners, how much is too much?

I'm a big pothead.
I smoke almost every night before bed, sometimes before school, sometimes during school, sometime before/or on break at work.

I say an average of twice a day maybe 3(not always everyday but on other days I'll smoke more so it evens out in the end).

But I do good in school and I still go on living my normal life, just high. I don't think I have a problem because weed doesn't interfere in my daily life, it just enhances it.

But if I started messing up in school, or stopped going to work because I smoked pot instead or whatever then it'll be a problem.

I do get guilty once in a while, but after thinking about it , I don't have a legitimate reason to stop so I keep smoking.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:54 PM

I think too much would be around an average of 5+ times per day.

The ammount you smoke is fine. A true pothead to a an alcohol would be like you to a guy who has a glass of wine each night.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:01 PM

Smoking every day isnt too bad. You need to cut back if you're spending too much money or it is interfering with your daily life.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:08 PM

It's hard to say where you're at. The range goes from casual user who enjoys it at their own discretion, to ridiculous addict/fiend who can no longer enjoy life and has been taken control of by the drug.

The answer - stop smoking for now. When the use stops, you'll have your answer. PM me if you need better answers - I have alot of friends who toke, some with massive addictions, but it's diffcult to say where you're at, cause I don't know you.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to ridiculous addict/fiend who can no longer enjoy life and has been taken control of by the drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt take it that far. It's not like they are physically addicted to weed. They are just weak minded.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:32 PM

I've met very few people who had massive weed addictions. Maybe I'm naive, but I really don't think weed is a drug that has truly devestating effects if you use it within reason.

I'm addicted to a point, I won't deny that. I do get irritable and/or antsy when I want some and I don't have any.

But that said, I don't feel that it's influencing my life at this point in time, at least not to a point where I feel concerned. And I don't want it to, that's why I'm asking. I want to nip any potential problems in the bud ahead of time.

But, on the other hand, at least for me, it's certainly a better addiction than gambling. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 02:40 PM

Yeah, me too.
Hopefully not for long though.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:42 PM

I know people can become addicted, but it's very rare to be physically addicted to it. Like you said you can get irritated which may have some physical withdrawal to it. I would never consider it a major physical withdrawal however.

I rarely smoke these days, and it wasn't too hard for me to quit either. Simply got tired of being the typical stoner, I suppose I grew out of it. Well, I have been arrested for it but that's off my record anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]