Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:03 AM

Default squeezed between agressive and passive

Button is passive calling station. Calls even at the end when he has the nuts. This is the BB first hand at the table (no read). Should I have folded this on the flop?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed)
Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB
Old 09-30-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: squeezed between agressive and passive

Can you explain the raise?

Your equity here is somewhere around 33% and there's 3 in the pot. I struggle to justify the raise.

You might be after information, but the button will call regardless, and the BB is a complete unknown. The 3-bet most likely says you're beaten, but first hand he could simply be making your acquaintance.

An ace on the board says you probably wont win unimproved, but it also says you could make a bucket if you make trips (but don't forget the poss. wheel and 4 flush). I'd try and see the turn for 1 SB here and fold unimproved.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:46 AM

I call down on flop + turn + river excluding improvement. Raising doesn't do much here. Eh I may even fold the flop but I'd really have to be convinced this guy's pretty passive.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 PM

&gt;Can you explain the raise?

I was the preflop raiser, I thought a raise on the flop might knock out the button and a free card on the turn.

I'm still trying to figure out when to be aggressive.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
&gt;Can you explain the raise?

I was the preflop raiser, I thought a raise on the flop might knock out the button and a free card on the turn.

I'm still trying to figure out when to be aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're thinking free card, you must be thinking that you're behind. Since you're thinking you're behind, is it worth chasing a two outer?