Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2004, 02:07 PM

Default The Enforcer Group

A while ago I received a PM asking me to join a seperate group of posters policing the forum. Basically if they don't like someone they just complain in masse at the same time.

I declined as I didn't believe they could change the Zoo but I'll be damned if I don't see heads flying. It's conform or go the way of the doodoo.

I'm sorry I missed my chance, is the offer still open to join?
Old 04-20-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: The Enforcer Group

You can't go around posting things like this.

It is nonsense, no truth to it.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:24 PM

Are we better off with Steven Punk gone?

There are still dozens of trolls posting, and new ones invented almost every day.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we better off with Steven Punk gone?

There are still dozens of trolls posting, and new ones invented almost every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dilbert,

I heard a rumor that they have enough numbers now where they are going to go after the ones that have a reputation and following.

I'm fairly certain the zoo will continue it's transformation. Hang in there.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:39 PM

And just why would they include a newbie with 31 posts in such a group?

You must be very special.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:47 PM

I never got an invitation.

rJ
Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM

Why all the politics? Does one actually have to form (or join) a coalition to stop unwanted posts? If a post, or poster, is THAT bad, people will decide on their own to complain. Instead, the mob puts an artifical element into any perceived controversy - which is unfair.

Case in point. Punk. For better or worse (or flat out stupidity) he started a recurring Post, "Punk's Corner." Each day, or so, Punk would have a new topic REMOTELY concerning poker. Often, however, the posters took the original concept and changed the subject of the thread...sometimes because the original post was creative or provocative, sometimes, not. But the fact of the matter is, that the posts did attracts interest - even if that interest was "taken" from some of the internet forum glory hounds, it was still interest...people DID take time to respond to the thread. In summary, Punk would provide a new post every day, in his figurative corner, and it seemed the posters were able to get all the wackiness out of their blood so they could return to the "Come sweat me and my 45" monitor while I work of my $20 bonus at a table with disappearing buttons, etc."

However, on ONE particular day, the censorship MOB struck...like a FLASH MOB, they all started activity on Punk's Corner post, then lodged a complaint about clogging the forum. This is a patent misrepresentation, and completely unfair. Punk and his buddies were not causing that activity, Punk had actually kept his wackiness (along that with his buddies) in a relatively small area.

I don't really care one way or the other about whether there should be goofy posts here, etc. But I do care that this issue was decided on a false premise. The ends do not justify the means, a fair process will take care of the rest...this is bullshit.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry I missed my chance, is the offer still open to join?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is Yes. But since you did not respond to the original request we sent you a personal invitation by regular mail. Please go directly to your local post office as the invitation is being held there and needs your signature for release. If it is not there make sure you check everyday, I am sure we sent it.

We look forward to having you on the team.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:36 PM

Oski,

Good point. That one day others were bumping all his old posts to fill the whole front page.

I never saw him post something that would offend anyone. I can't say more on the subject.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:06 PM

You can't go around posting things like this.
It is nonsense, no truth to it.

PM to Granny:
Warning

We have been watching you and to this point we have let you go on posting because of your reputation.

However at this point we are too strong for even you fight. Either you conform and stay on topic or the mod will receive 25-30 requests for your removal and another 10-15 over the following 24 hours.

No more sarcasm no more humor or no more grannie. You have been warned and you've seen others go, don't force our hand.

---------------------------------
PM to Granny
Granny,

I don't write posts I simply organize. One of our members may have been a bit pushy in a PM to you.

Let me lay out for you what is happening.

This is not a comedy or sex forum but an internet gambling forum. A large group of us sick of seeing spam have banned together and won't take it any more.

I don't have to review the evidence that we have the Mod's ear.

We kindly ask you to stop all sarcasm, humor, and sex innuendos in your posts and replies.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------

<font color="red">
A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp, Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees, so that he's on her level, and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabbit or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?" She, in turn blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says in a quiet voice, "I don't fink my pet pyfon weally gives a thit."</font>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
<font color="green">
An 86 year old man walked into a crowded doctor's office. As he approached the desk, the receptionist said, "Yes sir, what are you seeing the doctor for today?"

There's something wrong with my penis," he replied.

The receptionist became irritated and said, "You shouldn't come into a crowded office and say things like that."

"Why not? You asked me what was wrong and I told you," he said. The receptionist replied, "You've obviously caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and then discussed the problem further with the doctor in private."

The man walked out, waited several minutes and then re-entered. The receptionist smiled smugly and asked, "Yes?" "There's something wrong with my ear," he stated.

The receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. "And what is wrong with your ear, Sir?" "I can't piss out of it," the man replied.</font>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

<font color="red">A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in he glanced up and saw the most beautiful woman boarding the plane. He soon realized that she was heading straight towards his seat. As fate would have it, she took the seat right beside his.

Eager to strike up a conversation he blurted out "Business trip or pleasure?" She turned, smiled and said, "Business, I'm going to the Annual Nymphomaniacs of America Convention in Chicago."

He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen sitting next to him and she was going to a meeting for nymphomaniacs! Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked, "What's your business role at the convention?" "Lecture," she responded. "I am the lead lecturer where I use information that I have learned from my own personal experiences to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality."

"Really," he said, "and what kinds of myths are there?"
"Well, she explained, "one popular myth is that African-American men are the most well-endowed of all men, when in fact it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait. Another popular myth is that Frenchmen are the best lovers, when actually it is the men of Jewish descent that are the best. I have also discovered that the lover with the absolutely best stamina is the Southern Redneck."

Suddenly the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed.
"I'm sorry," she said, "I shouldn't really be discussing all this with you. I don't even know your name."

"Tonto," the man said, "Tonto Goldstein, but my friends call me Bubba."

</font>