Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: And the new James Bond is...

[ QUOTE ]
i would have rather have seen Owen or Jackman do the part...i think either could have pulled it off well, this guy i dont know well but he doesnt really fit "bond" to me, but i guess we will see. Connery was the BEST of them all and always will be to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Id still do him even today...hes one of the rare men that looks better and better as he gets older

[/ QUOTE ]

If Owen stayed as wooden as he did in King Arther then the Bond Franchise would be over.

I am pleased for this guy has been a hard working lower tier actor who has done a lot of good independent and TV over the last 10 years as well as the odd hollywood film.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Timothy Dalton's portrayal (despite having two lackluster scripts to work with) was actually closest to Fleming's text. Some of Moore's Bond movies were fine (notably "The Spy Who Loved Me"), but overall, Connery's PWNS Moore, to use the popular vernacular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Connery and Dalton were the best for me. I thought Dalton was the most intense Bond since Connery. I did think that Brosnan was growing into the part.

This Craig guy was good but ultra-weird in Road to Perdition.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This Craig guy was good but ultra-weird in Road to Perdition.

[/ QUOTE ]

"That's why its called ACTING"
Old 10-14-2005, 11:27 AM

If you've ever seen Layer Cake you would no this guy is one cool cat in that type of role

"Im a business man, whose commodity happens to be cocaine"

CLASSIC!
Old 10-15-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would have rather have seen Owen or Jackman do the part...i think either could have pulled it off well, this guy i dont know well but he doesnt really fit "bond" to me, but i guess we will see. Connery was the BEST of them all and always will be to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Id still do him even today...hes one of the rare men that looks better and better as he gets older

[/ QUOTE ]

If Owen stayed as wooden as he did in King Arther then the Bond Franchise would be over.

I am pleased for this guy has been a hard working lower tier actor who has done a lot of good independent and TV over the last 10 years as well as the odd hollywood film.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Roger Moore proved that you don't have to be an exceptional actor to play Bond. And I think Pierce Brosnan confirmed it handily.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 AM

I liked Dalton's intensity too, and he's my favorite since Connery as well. I think this new guy could outdo him, but just from the rave reviews I've seen on him. And they'd have to write the material to suit him and let him shine. I always liked Bond to have a bit of grittiness mixed in with the polish.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI...this was confirmed today by EON Productions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta say, that looks pretty fkn good. Better than Brosnan. I'm only used to Brosnan FWIW in my young years.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And I think Pierce Brosnan confirmed it handily.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Pierce is a great actor and was awesome as Bond. The best since Connery IMO (and the opinion of almost every well respected movie critic). He has that natural charisma, wittiness and sophistocation about him - yet he still maintains a hard-edged demeanor.
I hope the new Bond won't let us down!
Old 10-15-2005, 05:31 AM

He seems about as hard edged as a cookie to me. He's got that Remington Steel charm about him -- that's what got him the job -- but as a threatening presence? He looks like the kids from Dude Where's My Car could be playing keep-away with his pistol until he started to cry.

I can't imagine what your standards are if Brosnan counts as a great actor.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:37 AM

If they wanted really-hard edged, Christain Bale woulda been the man. I've thought that ever since seeing American Psycho. But they've got a balancing act, haven't they.

They should get Tarantino to direct, I reckon.