Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth dogging Raymer

[ QUOTE ]
not to go off on a huge tangent here, but do you really feel that duke outplayed hellmuth in that tourney? Or simply looking at the fact that Duke won.

[/ QUOTE ]
When they got heads up Annie Duke outplayed Phil all day long. Not only in the hands that they showed, where she was leading him along on a string, but if you look at the chip counts after commercials, it's obvious that Duke is winning all of the small pots. At one point Phil takes a big hand off of her, I don't remember exactly what happened, but the stacks were at about 1.4mil to 600k after that, and then they go to commercial and the next hand they show, Duke has evened it up to around a million each.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM

Does anybody know if Greg has won money playing in these tournies since his win in WSOP?

Everybody who follows 2+2 knows Greg's a great player, but if all Hellmuth has are numbers that say, he's lost $$ in big buy in tournies since last year, that's all he can go on.

Hellmuth's not great with words.

And that woman dancing around after she won with ace queen is ridiculous. Its ok to run around after you hit a number on a roulette wheel cause you're playing the house. Dancing around after you lay a beat on someone's totally different and classless.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont think hellmuth is taking a shot at raymer here. his comments are on target and appear to be genuinely honest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Hellmuth had a 7th and a 10th... I think he cashed in another one too.. 3 cashes in one WSOP isn't bad at all.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 PM

I don't think that is a low smipe what so ever, Hellmuth was just statng the facts, he wasn't taking any shots at raymer as a player. Hellmuth is usually alot different when he is not sitting down at the table, so i don't think his statement was meant to be offensive.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:40 PM

Didn't Hellmuth win in. woops thats right he only has one.

My mistake....
Old 07-14-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth had a 7th and a 10th... I think he cashed in another one too.. 3 cashes in one WSOP isn't bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cashing in 4 tourneys when you play 30 and they pay 10% of the field isn't exactly notable either...
Old 07-14-2005, 04:49 PM

His play in that hand would not be considered too 'dubious' or wild by many/most. Sure he had a very week hand preflop, but he was in the cu and it was checked to him and he's trying to create action -- either take down the blinds or get some callers and perhaps hit his flop with his small suited cards and possibly catch someone with a high pair who cannot put him on those cards. The flop gives him a straight draw so he's feeling good and he easily has the price to call the small bet. His turn call is a close decision, but his stack is deep enough relative to the bet and the implied odds if he hits are definitely worth taking a shot. Again, I don't see this play as anything too crazy.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dancing around after you lay a beat on someone's totally different and classless.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 07-14-2005, 04:55 PM

i think Hellmuth is a tool; but i also think people are making far too big a deal out of this. Luck is a huge factor in any single tournament and saying someone is lucky or has gotten lucky isn't dogging their skills.