Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Biggest pot I\'ve ever seen! AKo

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (25.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

-----------------------------------------------------------

Im fairly new to limit and would like your opinion on this hand and moreso on my thought process.

I was weirded out when so many people got into this pot as the table has been pretty standard so far, not too loose not too tight. I 3 bet pf because I almost always do with AK and to get the people that only put 1SB into the pot so far to fold.

I don't know why I bet the flop. Can someone tell me why I should or shouldnt of? I didnt 3 bet it becuase noone was going to fold to a 3 bet. My thinking now is that I should have check raised.

Turn. Should have folded to the first bet, glad I folded to the raise.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Biggest pot I\'ve ever seen! AKo

On the flop, you have to bet...not to protect your hand since you are not getting hands like JT, flush draws, or even QJ to fold to one bet. You should bet this on the flop because you probably have the best hand at this point. I probably would 3-bet the flop there as well. The turn is a super scary card and I think you were right to fold there for 2 bets coming back to you since your 5 outs to 2 pair/trips were probably no good anyways.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:03 PM

UTG+2 checkraises the turn, only calls the 3-bet and calls the river? Did he think he could buy the pot or something?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 checkraises the turn, only calls the 3-bet and calls the river? Did he think he could buy the pot or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has a low flush or a straight and he's a pussy
Old 12-16-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably has a low flush or a straight and he's a pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't comment on the hand until I stop laughing from this comment.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probablyhas a low flush or a straight and he's a pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

Results:
UTG2 had J high flush
MP3 had A high flush
MP1 had straight
Old 12-16-2005, 04:26 PM

I think we all agree that I was drawing dead on the turn, so I got what I wanted.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:45 PM

My thoughts too. I like 3betting the flop because MP1 (the flop reraiser) likely has a worse pair of Kings than kings up, a set or Aces based on his/r actions. Don't feel bad about not checkraising: you were best to bet out because you were the biggest aggressor, and there is a good chance that someone else, especially the other PF raiser will make it two bets to the players after him/r, then you can make it two bets to those following you.