Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Gambloor needs some perspective from non-donks

I am a donk, there, I said it.

I started playing poker in 2002 for fun, picked up hold em, and in late 2003 I started playing semi-seriously... Found this site, bought all the books, did my reading.

I would throw in 50 dollars, gambool it up to a couple hundred, go on a bad streak and tilt it away playing over my bankroll, rinse, and repeat. At one point I had bonus whored myself up to 2 grand before a bad beat at a NL 1000 table (yes, I am retarded) ended it all

This was around the end of 2004... I continually would throw in 50 bucks, run it up, and then hit a little downswing and parlay it into brokeness playing too high.

Its not like Im a moron who cant beat the game. My PT has me running at 7BB/100 over 15k hands at .5/1, and at over 6BB/100 after about 8k at 2/4 ...

After these tilting episodes I would swear off poker for a few weeks or a month, but then I was back.

This brings us to the present day. I have run 50 dollars up to about 1000 in the month of august playing only .5/1 and bonus whoring a few spots. At this point Id just like some perspective on how long it took people before they knew they could win at these low limits, their trials and tribulations, where they went from this point, and how they avoided tilting the BR away.

I am about to get reorganized, I have a seperate checking account for poker, a seperate email. I am going to set up some of the R-word on empire and party and move to 1/2, taking my downswings with grace and humility, and actually learning from them.

My worries are that I havent totally gotten in control of my tilt problem, and that all this donking around at .5/1 has made my game sloppy

Ive started to ramble, I was just looking for people to throw something out there, encouraging, ripping me a new a-hole, telling me their story, whatever...