Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 11:17 AM

Default FD on monotone flop

5/10 live

4 limpers, SB completes, Hero sees 9h 7s & checks

Flop is Qh 8h 6h.

SB bets out.

Read on her is that she's fairly aggressive when it comes out to betting. Although she may not raise draws or marginal hands where she should, she could be betting Kh, Ah, Q w/ or w/o a heart, two pair, set, etc.

It's to Hero. Is this worth drawing? If I hit one of my 6 outs, she'll definitely bet again. Chances of being raised behind me are slim unless someone has a flush.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: FD on monotone flop

Good hand to post IMO. I'm really not sure myself what my line would be. I feel like I want to continue because of the str8 draw. If I opt to continue do I want to just call or is it better to raise if I thought the limpers were capable of folding J/T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Raising knocks out players that I wouldn't mind padding the pot however. On the other hand if I raise and get it HU with SB I get the free card often. I'm really not sure but I think I may raise. SB should have a Q or BS here because a FD should be C/R this flop unless she has the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 10-09-2005, 12:56 PM

I'd like raising here. I think SB usually has one of two hands: Qx or K/A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If it's the first raising is clearly is best, as you can clean up your some of your heart outs. I know no one is ever folding A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and usually not K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but getting J/T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out shouldn't be difficult if you can make them call two cold.

If SB has K/A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you may be able to pick up the pot UI.

I raise here and bet out if checked to, no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s appear, I don't pair and it's HU. If cold called by limper check on the turn and call a single bet.

Do you think SB is betting a draw often to make betting out correct?
Old 10-09-2005, 05:19 PM

I doubt the SB has nothing. I'm sure she had a hand w/in the range which I mentioned. I prefer calling, and playing this passively. I want others to pad this pot, and I'm not looking to bet this thru, bluffing or chancing that I'll be raised later.

Anyway, I call, 2 callers behind me.
Turn is Tc, giving me my straight.

SB bets, I raise, 2folds, SB 3-bets, Hero's action?

Edit: I just realized I mistitled my OP, should be OESD on monotone flop, but you've prolly noticed.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:31 PM

I fold this without a second thought.

The reverse implied odds are way too big for me to want to continue, as with 4 limpers + the SB the odds are very, very good that someone either flopped a flush or is holding a higher heart than your 9. That leaves you really drawing to only 6 outs (if any) & getting 7:1 on your call, with the possibility of a raise and/or 3-bet behind you. If you do hit your straight, you might still be second best & someone might redraw on you even if the straight is good on the turn.

There will be far better situations to play.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Fold it and forget it.

You've got the OESD plus a one-card flush draw...so 15 outs to improve. But I think you're improving to second best way too often against 5 opponents...including 4 who have yet to act.

The flush could already be there. Ah isn't going anywhere. Neither is the K.

Lose a small pot here instead of a huge pot.