Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: $22 SnG - short stacked w/ pocket 4s???

For the most part the table was playing tight and passive but no specific reads on villain. Hoped he was capable of laying down unless of course he held a monster....

I know results don't matter but sometimes I like to find out what happens to others so here goes:

kevstreet is all-In [705]
buddy172 folds.
brandtwolf15 folds.
sonnycha calls [555].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 7s, Ts ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]
sonnycha shows [ As, Ad ] a flush, ace high.
kevstreet shows [ 4h, 4s ] a flush, ten high.
sonnycha wins 1635 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high with ace kicker.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are killin me here. How can you sit around and wait for some great oppurtunity with just over 4x the BB left. Yes it isnt a dream scenario, but you aren't likely to have one at this point. Anything but moving allin is simply terrible IMO. If the blinds are 50-100 then feel free to fold all you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think HERO had very little FE here, at least at 20+2. Even we only have 4.8BB, do you think it is a good idea to willingly take at best a coin flip here? especially HERO is button, and can wait for a few more hands, either for a better hand or open push opportunity. I do realize that sometimes I wait for too long. its my leak.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:16 PM

If we knew for sure that it was a coinflip with the UTG player, this is a very good situation for us. Very good....passing it up would be suicidal.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:20 PM

Push and prey for a coin flip.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we knew for sure that it was a coinflip with the UTG player, this is a very good situation for us. Very good....passing it up would be suicidal.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying that even if you know that UTG has AK, you still push? thats kind beyond my level of play......
Old 12-30-2005, 05:25 PM

definitely! First off there is dead money in the blinds (225 chips!!), second of all you will win the hadn almost 55% of the time. You arent going to see a better oppurtunity than this with only 4.7x the BB. Coinflips are usually bad when you have a comfortable chip stack, when you are desperate and its not the bubble they are usually pretty good, as its unlikely you will have a better oppurtunity. Its especially good to be on the "right" side of the coinflip.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
definitely! First off there is dead money in the blinds (225 chips!!), second of all you will win the hadn almost 55% of the time. You arent going to see a better oppurtunity than this with only 4.7x the BB. Coinflips are usually bad when you have a comfortable chip stack, when you are desperate and its not the bubble they are usually pretty good, as its unlikely you will have a better oppurtunity. Its especially good to be on the "right" side of the coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for your reply. I guess I learned something. it is definitely my leak.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coinflips are usually bad when you have a comfortable chip stack,

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you consider a comfortable chip stack? earlier you said people could "feel free to fold all you want" w/BB at 100, which would be 7xBB. Does that mean that 7xBB is comfortable or something higher, like 10xbb?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't know for sure that it's a coinflip though. He could easily hold an overpair, and there's like no chance he has 33/22. So we're either a coinflip or badly behind..I guess I just don't see it as an instant push. If we had some FE to counteract the times we run into an overpair, sure, but do we have any FE here?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't know for sure that it's a coinflip though. He could easily hold an overpair, and there's like no chance he has 33/22. So we're either a coinflip or badly behind..I guess I just don't see it as an instant push. If we had some FE to counteract the times we run into an overpair, sure, but do we have any FE here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its either a coinflip, we are behind (although a coinflip is much much more likely if we get called by UTG) OR OUR OPPONENT MIGHT FOLD. We definitely have folding equity, it costs the guy another 500+ chips to call. If you want to tell me you've never seen a partypoker player fold in this situation, you are flat out lying to me.