Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-28-2005, 11:02 PM

Default KK makes an easy river fold

my friend laughed at me after this one. i laughed at him for laughing at me. one of us is an idiot. i'm not sure which one. i think it's him though. villian is 24/10 after 29 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: KK makes an easy river fold

nice discipline there, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 PM

What's with the turn 3-bet? You've shown nothing but aggression and he still check-raises you. I'd call down from there.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:49 PM

Given the pot size I don't agree that it's an easy fold. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm interested in your reasoning after the turn cap. Would you have gone to SD if the river was a non-diamond blank?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 PM

Call turn. Call river. See showdown.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:51 PM

You give no postflop reads on villain so hard to give a real solid response but if you are not going to call the river then may as well fold to the turn cap. If he has a set it's going to be 8's (most likely)and his turn cap tells me he has no fear of you holding a higher set. I put him on a flopped str8 and you're drawing dead. Even if it is only a set of 8's you don't have the odds to draw to your set.

Wait. One other likely hand for him is QJ which will also be willing to cap this turn knowing how unlikely it would be for you to hold QQ/JJ. So I guess you played it right cause you have the odds to draw to counterfeit his hand. I have no problem with the river fold. It's calling the turn cap I'm just a little vague on
Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 AM

Without a real read, I'd call down the turn check/raise. He could be executing a floped pair + picked up turn flush draw check/raise move, or FPPPUTFDCRM for short.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 AM

I don't see how this is an easy fold. The pot is large enough that you only need to win this pot 1 out of 12 times for this to be a profitable call. You don't have much information on this player, so you really can't be more than 90% certain you are beat. Some weaker players may play a hand like AQ this strong. Call the check raise on the turn and call the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how this is an easy fold. The pot is large enough that you only need to win this pot 1 out of 12 times for this to be a profitable call. You don't have much information on this player, so you really can't be more than 90% certain you are beat. Some weaker players may play a hand like AQ this strong. Call the check raise on the turn and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call turn. Call river. See showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had folded to the turn cap would you still give the same advice? I think KK is winning a fair amount of the time here. But maybe I am wrong.