Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 02-10-2005, 05:04 PM

Default PT Ratings

I've asked this question before but didnt get the answe I wanted. I got refered to the sticky post which didnt have what I really wanted. I would like to know what ratings you use to classify fish and good players in a 10 person 2-4 game. I would like more than just VPIP and PFR. The sticky post gave some numbers but I think that those numbers really cant be applied to a partypoker 2-4 game. If they can then just about everyone is a fish according to my poker tracker
So if anyone autorates low limit players on partypoker I would like to know what ratings you use.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: PT Ratings

The autorate in PT not only uses VP and PFR but also overall aggression (excluding pre-flop). I also find looking at W$SD and WTSD% as indicative of a fish/good player. Generally fish are the players that lose significantly less than 50% of showdowns (less than 40% is pretty fishy) and also see too many show downs. A good number I find realiable (taking from my own and other good players' stats) is about 30-35% went to showdown. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:31 PM

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/welcome-page2.html

interesting info on using pt and has some info that you might be looking for. Can't speak for the rest of the content but it's the only site that I know of where they put PT through the grinder.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:26 PM

That's the standard for autorating players. If you look on PT's, bet the pot or here that is what we limit players go by. Are you also using the total aggression in your calculation. I've heard of ppl using these categories up to 5/10.