Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Best approach to reading my books I have bought.

Hi all, I am a long time lurker on the board but this is one of my first posts.

Ok first off I would like to let you guys know what books I have and what books ive read.
I started off learning Hold'em back in march of this year. I really liked what I learned and got hooked. I decided to buy some books to get better. I mainly started playing No Limit online, but just got into Limit online and No limit in live play.

I started out by getting, Poker, the real deal by Phil Gordon as a gift and read it all, but didnt really care too much for it.

I then started to check out this site and bought Super System 1 and mainly read the holdem section which I really liked, but I do not really enjoy playing as agressive as Doyle explains to.

The next book I read was Harrington on Hold'em after I really started getting into tourney play.

Next I just bought recently, Getting Started in Hold'em just to refresh my self, but ended up skimming through the book quickly because everything was a little too "beginner" style for me and I already knew most of it. But I still read it.

Right now I am about 3/4 the way through Small Stakes Hold'em since I started liking playing limit holdem online and really like the book so far.

I also have The Theory of Poker sitting waiting for me to read it.

Now my question is, I am going to finish up SSHE and should I reread it like they recommend or should I go and read The Theory of Poker and come back and reference it to SSHE.

Also is there any other books you would recommend for a live no limit cash/tourney player, but mainly a online Limit player.

Sorry if this is confusing or makes no sense, but I do appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'm just a beginner...

I recently got into a bad downswing online so i told myself I would not play any online until i finished my books up and learned much more and became better. I also just purchased Poker Tracker and am trying to find my leaks...

Thanks Again
Zach