Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Pokerbots:

I saw a thread entitled "Tinfoil Hat Or For Real" on another forum the other day and it had a link to the site. www.pokerbot.com
Check out the site,check out the forum section and what people are discussing there.
Obviously the first thing a person who has purchased this software should ask themselves is why the software is so inexpensive and why would someone sell cheating software that is any good if they could make millions using it themselves. Sort of like going to a fortune teller to get lottery numbers.

Hope the cheaters get cheated out of their money for buying lame software.

People trying to one up Poki, using AI, like the ones used in Poker Academy Pro 2.0 and Stacked will spawn alot of this, I suppose.
I remember reading that a car salesman from Indiana wrote software that allowed his pokerbot to beat Poker Academy's Poki heads up in Vegas for the World Championship in July. Of course, it was just one game. And then Phil Laak beat both of them in heads up matches, each taking less than 5 hours, I think.
Check out the site though, it is pretty detailed about how to avoid detection on individual poker sites and topics like that in it's forum.
I know its a natural progression for cheaters to use this advanced AI to their advantage and a little scarey that all the people whining about how online poker is fixed and they are playing against machines, will eat this info up.
It will be cat and mouse for the poker sites to evolve their technology to be able to detect the latest thing these sites use to avoid it.

Sorry for such a long post. Im a noob, of sorts,I think I got most of the info correct in my thread. Any help where I may have gotten it wrong would be appreciated. (I know the matches using the pokerbots was against Poker Academy's AI, not exactly sure if it was Poki or another one of their bots)

I would love to get some 2 + 2 veterans opinion and insight after they view the website
Old 08-03-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Pokerbots:

that you, winholdem?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Pokerbots:

LOL no, its not winholdem, I assure you.
Are you saying my thread sounded like a advertisement for the site? I'm sorry if it did, that was not my intention.Are there 1000 threads about this subject already on this site?
I am surprised that so many people looked at this thread but didnt respond to it. Its either my lack of writing skills, or they are so bored hearing about this kind of stuff.
I had posted it over at Daniel N. site also after I read the thread about it there, but again, no replys.
to the first poster after my original thread...I assume since you know the name winholdem, you have been to the site. Tell me your take on it. Is it an elaborate joke, or are these people actually using this? I know the bots can be beaten by sound players, so its not the end of the world. But the bot programmers, it would seem, will only get better with time
Educated feedback...Please
I would love to here from a moderator,Mason, David or any other notable with their views.
Dont be afraid to tell me I'm silly for believing people are doing it or telling me that it is indeed happening but its not discussed becuase it will scare people away from internet gambling.
UPDATE:
I plugged in winholdem into 2+2 search engine and there was 1000 threads. LOL.....sorry
I havent read any yet, but Im sure my answers are there.
Carry on