Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 12:37 PM

Default AQ hits top pair, but I\'m 3 bet...

...is my calldown appropriate or would you push more?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 03-07-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: AQ hits top pair, but I\'m 3 bet...

*bump*

I'm having trouble with my aggression, so any feedback on my play here is appreciated.

At the time, I was fearing JQ, JJ or an overpair - I'm sorry I don't remember my read on villain. Perhaps this is just some of the "monster under the bed" stuff that has been mentioned in other threads. I'm just kind of wondering what line some of the more agressive players here would take.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:18 AM

I cap this flop and bet the turn. If he raises the turn, I know I'm beaten. I probably call him down anyway. (I'm working on that...)
Old 03-07-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap this flop and bet the turn. If he raises the turn, I know I'm beaten. I probably call him down anyway. (I'm working on that...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. If he raises the turn, call and call a river bet too. I wouldn't fold queens-up for one bet on the river.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:25 AM

I am definitely in check/call mode after the 3-bet on the flop. I think it very likely that the poster in MP has AA, KK, or AQ. I am not even considering folding this hand unless I know how the MP player plays, because I see a ton of people that join a table play one hand like they have AA or KK and then leave immediately (often the hand is junk if it gets shown down). He could have QQ or JJ, but there is just no way to know since you don't have a read on this guy. Maybe this is a leak of mine, but I tend not to respect posters that come out firing like this enough to fold solid hands.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:31 AM

I'd probably play it how you played it. I don't tend to cap TPTK vs that sort of action. Wonder what the other callers had...
Old 03-07-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably play it how you played it. I don't tend to cap TPTK vs that sort of action. Wonder what the other callers had...

[/ QUOTE ]

With 4 players, I would cap just because your pot equity w/ TPTK is higher than 25%.