Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 09:07 PM

Default What is the best game for an online pro?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before. My question is what would be the best game for an online pro to play in the current environment? Please take into account the limits and availability of good games online.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: What is the best game for an online pro?

limit hold em
Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 PM

No Limit Hold'em ring games [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 11-13-2004, 09:48 PM

The one at which he makes the most money.

eastbay
Old 11-13-2004, 10:15 PM

Roulette.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:26 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Omaha Hi/Lo

I think Omaha Hi/Lo would be the best game to play. There are a variety of ways to win. And there seem to be plenty of people who don't realize they shouldn't be chasing their straight when there's an obvious low, flush and boat in the hand.

Hold Em is enjoyable, but with everyone and their brother watching it on tv and thinking that Q/2 SUITED is gold, it can be rough with all the suck outs. Mentally at least.

Not that there aren't opportunities to make money there. But it's hard to bluff some of these guys that catch bottom pair and will stay in until the river and not go away.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hold Em is enjoyable, but with everyone and their brother watching it on tv and thinking that Q/2 SUITED is gold, it can be rough with all the suck outs. Mentally at least.

Not that there aren't opportunities to make money there. But it's hard to bluff some of these guys that catch bottom pair and will stay in until the river and not go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please reread this daily until you see the errors of your way. You'll laugh at this eventually.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why Limit Hold'em is the big money maker. The key is: DON'T BLUFF. Bluffs rarely work with loose / passive players who see a showdown with bottom pair. However... those same people will call you when you have top 2 pair. That's what makes the game SO MONEY!!! I currently play 2/4 on a very loose / passive site (not gonna say which one because it's small and I don't want it infiltrated with sharks), and I am averaging about 8.5 BB / 100 - something that is impossible at sites with better players like UB (where I only average about 4 BB / 100). Yes there are a lot of bad suck-outs. But if you play tight, you just don't get sucked out that much, and you win a good % of the hands you play.

The biggest money is when a tight / aggressive player plays a loose / passive limit game (that's where I make my highest BB/100 anyway).

ON A SIDE NOTE:

My brother would disagree. He made over $15,000 in 5 weeks on bodog.com before they started advertising on sites like twoplustwo.com. Back when nobody had heard of them, he played 2/4 NL and was making over $100 an hour. You can't do that anymore though, so now he cashed out and he's playing on other small, very fishy sites that nobody has heard of.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:36 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Hmmm......I think I presented my arguement wrong. I like Omaha Hi/Lo because I find it easier to make a decision as to what to do. And I think the game just confuses a lot of people who don't grasp it's workings and they make lots of mistakes (i.e. calling with the 3rd best low and no high, etc.)

When I was talking about the Hold Em stuff I was actually referring to tournament play, which can be very mentally draining on a person over time given the craziness of a lot of players who WILL suck you out.

The others are right, in ring games you can do pretty well with Hold Em. But I still enjoy me some 7-stud and hi/lo versions of stud or Omaha (not a big Omaha high fan)
Old 11-14-2004, 01:29 AM

There are only two or three where I do well enough, and it has nothing to do with anyone else.