Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 PM

Default A trifecta of poorly played hands.

These 3 hands occurred within 5 deals on an excellent table, and I felt like I played all of them poorly. Comments on any/all are appreciated.

Villain in the first hand is TAG, 17-7.6-3.7 over 270 hands.

Villain in second hand is TP, 21-6-1.0, but only over 30 hands.

Villain in 3rd hand is 51-5-2.8 donk over 100 hands.

Hand 1
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

---------------------------------------------------

Hand 2

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

-------------------------------------------------

Hand 3

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: A trifecta of poorly played hands.

I'd play all of them differently.

1. Bet the turn, fold to a raise.
2. Value bet the river.
3. You must bet the turn.

It doesn't mean I'm right, this is just how I'd play these hands.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:59 PM

id just bet out on the flop in hand 1, then either 3-bet or call/donk turn, call down to any more aggression

hand 2 i think you can bet the river

bet the turn in hand 3, im not sure about the river
Old 10-25-2005, 10:01 PM

1 - I'd usually just bet out on this flop. Since you didn't the c/r is good after everyone else folds, but once he 3-bets you have to put him on a hand that he bets the river with. Do you think you beat/split anything? I don't.

2 - Bet the river. You'll be called by a 5, 88, 66 from UTG and sometimes from AK from the SB. Fold to a raise.

3 - Bet the turn, call a raise, fold the river unimproved. If he calls the turn, bet the river depending on the card, in this case I'd check.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Hand 1: I'd probably lead the flop. After I checked instead, I'd probably just call and then think about donking the turn. But against a TAG who's as aggressive as Villain, there's a good chance I'd just check-call it down.

I think what you did is better than any line that involves folding on blanks, against this 3.7 AF guy.

Hand 2: I think you should bet the river (though I might've checked behind too). The rest seems okay to me.

Hand 3: I don't really mind the turn check, versus your LAG opponent. It's hard to know who's drawing, and it wouldn't be much fun getting checkraised (you can't fold, and you still wouldn't know who's drawing). That said, it seems likely to me that a turn bet would be for value.

After the turn gets checked through, I'm thinking a river bet might be a good idea. A difficulty, though, is that if Villain plays like his LAG stats suggest, I don't think you have an easy fold to a checkraise.

Anyway, on the whole, I don't think these hands are as bad as your title makes it sound like they are.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, on the whole, I don't think these hands are as bad as your title makes it sound like they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was hard for me to be objective at the time, as I lost all 3 hands. Trying not to be results oriented though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 PM

Hand 1: this is a really easy laydown on the flop, but i would prefer to lead to find out if im drawing dead/in trouble here.

Hand 2: I like it, u maybe missing 2 bets here from now value-betting but who knows. I would check it just to avoid being c/red by the flush (if there is one)

Hand 3: i think u have to semi-bluff this turn, gutshot + 3rd nut flush draw as well as 2nd pair. i don't mind a river check as long as u bet the turn.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 PM

It sounds like you might have been tilting a bit. Hand 1-call the three bet and fold the turn UI (if he has a Q I think you are outkicked, I don't see him threebetting a 9 to a cr, Maybe he hit the flush) Hand 2-must VB that turn. Hand 3-must bet that turn, fold to a cr, bet any non K or A river (considering his post flop AF I think he is leading a lot into on that flop and calling all the way down with it).
Old 10-26-2005, 12:59 AM

I don't mind hand 2. I think the turn bet on hand 3 is pretty key. Hand 1 is just a tough go all the way, but I don't think I'd take it past the turn. It seems to be the kind of hand I can't play right.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:38 AM

Hand 1: I fold the turn.

Hand 2: Bet the river.

Hand 3: Looks fine to me..