Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:00 PM

Default WSOP Bally\'s this week?

WIll someone provide an event report of sorts? How is turnout? Are the satellites active? Cash games fishy?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: WSOP Bally\'s this week?

I've played a few events. Thursday 200+20, Friday 500+50 limit, Sat/Su 300+30.

I've seen a lot of loose, inexperienced play, even later in some tourneys.

I was called down on the flop w/ AJ overcards after I bet big preflop in one event. In another, I waited forever and was called for an all in by someone in middle position with QJo. In the limit event, I saw many people chasing inside str8 draws without pot odds and AK overcards facing 2 bets cold on the flop and turn. This was late in the tournament with about 45 people left out of 207.

Sunday was a much stronger field, especially near the bubble it was like everyone had read the HoH books.

Turnouts for the 6 o'clock events have been in the 100-180 range, for the 500 events in the 200-450 range.

The LIPS women's event had a turnout of 169.

I'm not sure if the trend is that better play is occurring approaching the championship event or if I just hit a fluky tournament on Sunday.

The room is set up with about 60 tables to accommodate 600 players. There's also a feature table sort of setup that's been used when events went past 2:30 a.m. and they had players return the following day.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: WSOP Bally\'s this week?

Yes reports are here :http://mambo.pokerpages.com/mambo/in...iew&id=494
No cash games in tournament area . As pros fly in from Foxwoods the fields will improve .Already Grinder ,John Phan,
Chad Layne , Max Pescatori + David Williams there.