Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Three-table S&G hand

I can't figure out the hand converter, so I'll set the stage. Any critique would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I made an aggressive play or a donkey play, here.

Final table of a three-table S&G on Stars. We're down to seven, most stacks are 3K to 6K, with one big stack at 12K. I'm at 4950. Blinds are 100/200 with a 25 ante. Play has been pretty tight, with lots of medium stacks trying to get into the money. I'm looking to finish in the top three or bust out trying.

I pick up 88 UTG. I decide to limp in, and the button raises to 600. I'm getting just over three-to-one, so I think this is an easy call. What's more, I want to play the hand aggressively. Based soley on probability, at a short table, I put the button on two high cards, probably a big ace, and decide to push any flop that comes all low cards.

Question 1: Is this an okay play, preflop? Or do I need to open raise?

The flop comes 294 rainbow, and I push.

Question 2: Reasonable play, or donk?

Thanks,

Momus
Old 10-13-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Three-table S&G hand

I'd go for a check/push here. The way you played it worse hands fold, better ones call.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Three-table S&G hand

Thanks! What hands that have me beat fold to a check-push, here? I can't tell you much about the button, because we only recently got to the final table.

Momus