Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 AM

Default 88 in tricky positio

Im at work so I dont have the PT stuff.

UTG is the uberfish. 80% VPIP bets any pair on the flop. Only thinks about his hand.
BB is TAGish, some of his plays are questionable. Like calling down a fish that bets with just AQ.

UTG limps, I limp 8c8h, 2 fish limp, BB raises, all call.

FLOP: 5c 4c 5h

BB (TAG) bets UTG (uber fish) raises, my play with 2 people to go and a TAG betting into 3 fish and a TAG?

----------------------
Vs the TAG I figure very few hands he is beting here AcKc, or an overpair. Considering he raised from the BB and bet out into 4 callers behind.... The UTG raising concerned me. What do I do 3 bet it here and get capped by the TAG or someone else? Quite possible the 2 fish might had had some sort of draw with this flop and I would be facing whats in front and whats behind plopping 3 bets in the pot with so many ways to be behind. Ironically my instincts told me I was ahead because of how I saw the TAG and Uberfish play. But I won't tell you what I did or the results. Really was boggled by this one. Math said no, instincts said 3 bet.