Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Getting tired of being white (7/11 trip report)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so you honestly can say that you address both black AND white people with 'brotha'?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

[/ QUOTE ]

although I doubt this statement, if you really do then you should understand it can easily aggrevate certain individuals---both black and white
Old 10-16-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is a profound difference between how you can act with your close friends and what you can say in front of them compared to how you can behave against complete strangers. i'd wager since they were your close friends, you could say absolutely anything to them. consequently, your arguement in this case is completely invalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

"them"

Rather racist, in my honky way of thinking. And back a few posts ago you didn't capitalize African American. Won't swear to it, but I think that would have been proper. Or at least respectful.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:01 AM

You need to adjust your sarcasm detector.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:02 AM

I can't decide whether you're putting on some brilliant gag, or are in fact one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive.

History tempts me to go with the latter. But the former would be really impressive.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide whether you're putting on some brilliant gag, or are in fact one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive.

History tempts me to go with the latter. But the former would be really impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read some of his other posts. He just likes to argue. He's basically a troll.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-JihadOnTheACLU

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you don't have the slightest clue what the ACLU actually does.

I don't think saying "brother" should have caused you any grief, but I can't say I'm entirely surprised it did. The guy you bumped is probably wound a little tighter than is necessary, and you probably shouldn't be shocked that saying "brother" will set some people off.

Then again, some people are just looking for an excuse to pick a fight. Meh. Given this sort of confrontation, I tend to just roll my eyes and leave.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is a profound difference between how you can act with your close friends and what you can say in front of them compared to how you can behave against complete strangers. i'd wager since they were your close friends, you could say absolutely anything to them. consequently, your arguement in this case is completely invalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

"them"

Rather racist, in my honky way of thinking. And back a few posts ago you didn't capitalize African American. Won't swear to it, but I think that would have been proper. Or at least respectful.

[/ QUOTE ]

the word 'them' was reffering to people classified as friends. if i was reffering only to black people, i would have specified
Old 10-16-2005, 02:06 AM

Yes I'm aware of what the ACLU does and does not do. This thread just got too god damn funny and I can no longer respond seriously to anything.

-The Amazing Racist
Old 10-16-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the key word is 'the guys I HUNG OUT WITH'

they are your friends. you could go up to one and say "i stuck it in your mom's pooper last night". they'd take it as a joke and laugh, either that or just not care. the reason you can call them 'brotha' is because you know them as friends and can say what you please.

however, you can't go around saying just anything to strangers. many people would take that as offensive and find it to be disrespectful. you base your experience off calling other black people 'brotha' from refering to your friends in that manner. but do you/habe you really gone around speaking that way to totally random poeple?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down brother. it's like that scene in "Can't Hardly Wait" when the gangsta wannabe walks up to a few black guys and says "what's up my niggaz?!?!?!" they kick the crap out of him.

it's all about the comfort zone, whether you are approaching a white/black/asian/indian/latin guy, it can be seen as a racial remark. especially the way some white ppl talk, "OHHHH excuse me BROTHER," or whatever.

in all seriousness i do not believe you are a racists, but do not be surprised if this happens again. subsitute "brother" or "bro" for "sir" or maybe even "DUUUUUDE."
Old 10-16-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read some of his other posts. He just likes to argue. He's basically a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a troll to you only because you disagree with some of the stuff i frequently say. I certainly recall us having a heated argument on something in the past, which clearly has had a lasting impact on your view of me and continued to this thread