Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-31-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Beginners stats - please comment! Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Read this, play about 9000 more hands, and get back to us.

PS: winrate over 400 hands means absolutely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Too small a sample. But take a quick look at your hands played/PFR %. You're limping/cold calling almost 70% of your hands. Card dependent on such a small sample size, but you may want to look at your aggressiveness.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:00 AM

Well you either played well or got really great cards for ur first 1000 hands, but I myself am a beginning and you need to play thousands of more hands before you can start to see whats really going on, but I wish you luck and keep us up to date...
Old 12-31-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the skills you need if you want to continue in poker for the purpose of many a little extra mula is multitabling. I sujest you start playing 2 tables. Your winrate might drop (16BB/100 hands is ridiculas!).

The amount of hands you play will go up and this will allow you to better analize your play. Your stats at this moment seem fine but you have a tiny sample.

If after another 3k hands you are still winning at a decent winrate I sujest you move up. Most people would something like 100k hands at a limit before moving up. It seems you arnt devoting 5 hours a day to poker and that amount seems ridiculas. I personally think you can succesfully move up faster in the micro limits if you are properly bankrolled for the limit you are playing!

One last thing. I personally think the sujested bankroll in the faq's is crazy. 2000BB is super overkill in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this post is horrible and 'ridiculas'.

10K hands a level, not 100K, and it's ususally just a benchmark for stats. 300BB is a the normal suggested roll for a level.

To the OP: learn to mutltitable while the price is cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the poster would appreciate you saying what is wrong with my way of thinking.

Note- unless I can't read or don't know what a BB is, the faq sujested 4000$ for the 1/2 level etc etc. (2000 BB)

Note 2, ridiculas is one of those words i'll never learn to spell. Here's another shot: ridiculous?

Note 3, I posted what I did from personal experiance. I moved up quickly in the micros with 2-5k hands per level. .02/.04 to .1/.2 to 0.5/1 to 1/2 tp 2/4. The first drop I got was at the 1/2 level, and I quickly got that sucker back up to a winning BB/100.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the skills you need if you want to continue in poker for the purpose of many a little extra mula is multitabling. I sujest you start playing 2 tables. Your winrate might drop (16BB/100 hands is ridiculas!).

The amount of hands you play will go up and this will allow you to better analize your play. Your stats at this moment seem fine but you have a tiny sample.

If after another 3k hands you are still winning at a decent winrate I sujest you move up. Most people would something like 100k hands at a limit before moving up. It seems you arnt devoting 5 hours a day to poker and that amount seems ridiculas. I personally think you can succesfully move up faster in the micro limits if you are properly bankrolled for the limit you are playing!

One last thing. I personally think the sujested bankroll in the faq's is crazy. 2000BB is super overkill in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this post is horrible and 'ridiculas'.

10K hands a level, not 100K, and it's ususally just a benchmark for stats. 300BB is a the normal suggested roll for a level.

To the OP: learn to mutltitable while the price is cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the poster would appreciate you saying what is wrong with my way of thinking.

Note- unless I can't read or don't know what a BB is, the faq sujested 4000$ for the 1/2 level etc etc. (2000 BB)

Note 2, ridiculas is one of those words i'll never learn to spell. Here's another shot: ridiculous?

Note 3, I posted what I did from personal experiance. I moved up quickly in the micros with 2-5k hands per level. .02/.04 to .1/.2 to 0.5/1 to 1/2 tp 2/4. The first drop I got was at the 1/2 level, and I quickly got that sucker back up to a winning BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: From the micros FAQ by btspider (sticky at top of micro forum):

[ QUOTE ]
What is an appropriate bankroll for the stake X/Y?
Poker is not a game of predictable expectations. A winning player will have their losing days, weeks, and sometimes months. Your bankroll must be sufficiently large to survive these wild rides. A bankroll of 300 Big Bets is the standard recommendation. If you are playing $1/$2, you should have $600 available in your bankroll. If this bankroll cannot be replenished, then you should often have more than 300 BB's available for your current stake. You can certainly take shots at a limit with less than 300 BB's, but be prepared to drop down if you hit a downswing. If you are playing 6-max tables, you will need an even larger bankroll to survive the higher variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

2: Yes

3: I reccomended learning to muti-table while the stakes are smaller. It takes a few sessions to get into a flow where you can survey and act at multiple tables. Additionally, you will be making more decisions/hour and the learning curve will steepen. I wouldn't reccomend more than 2-3 tables though, as I get the impression that the OP is still learning the basics (as we all did at some point.) I too started out at .02/.04. Thankfully fellow poster Numeri talked me into opening 2 then 3 tables at those stakes. It was nerve racking at the time, but I'm glad I learned how to do it for pennies rather than dollars.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3: I reccomended learning to muti-table while the stakes are smaller. It takes a few sessions to get into a flow where you can survey and act at multiple tables. Additionally, you will be making more decisions/hour and the learning curve will steepen. I wouldn't reccomend more than 2-3 tables though, as I get the impression that the OP is still learning the basics (as we all did at some point.) I too started out at .02/.04. Thankfully fellow poster Numeri talked me into opening 2 then 3 tables at those stakes. It was nerve racking at the time, but I'm glad I learned how to do it for pennies rather than dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. 3-tabling is a great thing to learn how to do. It helped my ability to read, it increased the money, and it really reduced the boredom. Although your winrate will fall if you multi-table, it's probably going to fall anyway (16 BB/100 is indeed very high, especially at .15/.30).