Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars: \"Where every game and every tournament is free\" ... ??

[ QUOTE ]
I believe they are referring to pokerstars.net, where every game and tournament IS free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh. Very sneaky.

I don't think Raymer or MM play there.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars: \"Where every game and every tournament is free\" ... ??

PP is doing the same thing. You can't advertise a "gambling" site so they set up the .net sites just for advertising I would guess. Never logged onto Pokerstars.net but I'll bet they'll show you how to get to pokerstars.com
Old 08-16-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PP is doing the same thing. You can't advertise a "gambling" site so they set up the .net sites just for advertising I would guess. Never logged onto Pokerstars.net but I'll bet they'll show you how to get to pokerstars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

That and your average TV watching schlub is going to see the commercial, go to their computer and type www.pokerstars.COM despite what the commercial actually says.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 AM

i love poker stars because of the notes feature, so i can look up a guy's allin and read "bluffs a lot" on his note, and make that call!

also, rayemer and moneymaker sharpen their game there...ah [censored] i give up with the joke
Old 08-16-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love poker stars because of the notes feature, so i can look up a guy's allin and read "bluffs a lot" on his note, and make that call!

also, rayemer and moneymaker sharpen their game there...ah [censored] i give up with the joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit, I was all set to jump on you like a wild dog....
Old 08-16-2005, 07:52 AM

I wanted to check out how bogus this really was so I downloaded it. Decided to play some 5/10 blinds Omaha since if it could really be used as a learning tool, why not sharpen up on a game where I have very limited experience. Might even help me win a KOTZ tourney I'm thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So I get a seat and sit down with my full 1000 bankroll. First hand in the BB and look what they deal me. A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Well I'm an Omaha noob but I think that's a pretty good hand, no?

So everyone at the table proceeds to limp in for the 10 except the SB who raises 10. So I pot it. And surprise, surprise every single player, bar none, calls. As they are all calling I type in the chat box "Don't you donks ever want to learn to play the game so you can get off the play money tables". No response.

The flop comes all [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s and it gets checked around. The turn is whatever and some guy in late postition bets the pot and gets a couple of callers, I fold but hang around to see the winning hand. It was something like 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My playmoney career lasted all of one hand.

What a fraud those commercials are, but that's the advertising business, I guess.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:05 AM

Default ***GOSH***everyone knows...

that PokerStars."NET" is the place to go to hone your poker skills for free!

KC
Old 08-16-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What a fraud those commercials are, but that's the advertising business, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you mean by this? That the games aren't free? Or that you can't sharpen your game there?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked this out a couple weeks ago, and I was impressed - they didn't link to PokerStars.com at all.

On the other hand, as has already been said, plenty of people will figure out where the real money games are, or will just put pokerstars.com in by mistake.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:09 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you mean by this? That the games aren't free? Or that you can't sharpen your game there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's really feasible to sharpen your game at play money tables. You can try to play solid, but when it doesn't really count, it's all too easy to just donk it up with everyone else.

-Mike