Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Do you take pleasure in watching fish bust?

[ QUOTE ]
only if their $$ ends up with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and

[ QUOTE ]
I want their money. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2005, 06:50 AM

I don't agree that most microplayers that lose are playing more than they can afford. I think most people play for fun. When I started out, a lot of people asked me if I was winning. I wasn't winning in the beginning (and I'm not consistantly winning now either, but hopefully getting there!), and people would tell me I shouldn't play and blah blah. But poker is a hobby to me, and like all hobbies, it costs money. I didn't mind losing, and I still don't, because I'm having a great time. My personal opinion is that most microstakes players feel the same.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:19 AM

I always root for the bad players to win. I love it when some goofy 90% VPIP idiot wins pots against the tight players at the table, as this means he still has money to stay at the table, and I still have a chance to win it off him.

Nobody should win against the maniacs and calling stations but me, they should win all hands I'm not in.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM

NH Wookie.

I do agree that the majority of the players online play for fun. (As do we all, right? RIGHT?!) I know that at any level, there are players for who the money is unimportant.

No offense to UATrewqaz, but the line that they'll lose their money anyway is a HUGE copout. That's like my friend who stole someone's CDs from on top of their car because "Someone was going to take it anyway." No - he could have taken it, left a note, and waited for the person to contact him. At the table, you could warn everyone that you're a better player than them and they should stop playing poker if they're losing. Somehow, I get the feeling that it would be a -EV move, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think we all have to find a balance. How we find that balance is up to each individual.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the table, you could warn everyone that you're a better player than them and they should stop playing poker if they're losing. Somehow, I get the feeling that it would be a -EV move, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting idea. I think you're wrong, though, that it would be -EV. I think announcing, "I'm a winning player, you all should leave because I'm better than you" would just irritate or amuse the other players and they would think you were a jerk or drunk and possibly play more aggressively against you to try to win your money.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the table, you could warn everyone that you're a better player than them and they should stop playing poker if they're losing. Somehow, I get the feeling that it would be a -EV move, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting idea. I think you're wrong, though, that it would be -EV. I think announcing, "I'm a winning player, you all should leave because I'm better than you" would just irritate or amuse the other players and they would think you were a jerk or drunk and possibly play more aggressively against you to try to win your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the -EV part of it. When previously passive players (that's a sweet alliteration, BTW) suddenly start taking shots at you, they become much more difficult to read. I'd rather keep them passive.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:05 AM

The ultimate cliche...

"You can shear a sheep forever, but you can only skin him once."

Fish busting sucks, they might never come back [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i laugh a lot more when table coach "TAGs" bust

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always root for the bad players to win. I love it when some goofy 90% VPIP idiot wins pots against the tight players at the table, as this means he still has money to stay at the table, and I still have a chance to win it off him.

Nobody should win against the maniacs and calling stations but me, they should win all hands I'm not in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone hates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I had a total donkfish to my right and was just PUNISHING him. Like >18BB. On my way to his whole stack. And, yes, just loving every minute of it and laughing and not feeling at ALL sorry for him. One of those nites. Then some 13/3/1 chunk of granite sits down and starts berating my fish, who LEAVES.

Please don't do this. Us marginal players need these people at the table to survive and improve.