Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Bet this river?

Stars 2/4 6-max

Joined a table earlier. Second hand I got QQ in SB. Unknown minraises, I reraise to $34, BB calls, minraiser folds. Flop was 866. I bet $40, he called. Turn was a 6. I checked, he checked. River was something irrelevent. I bet $90, he called and showed A4s for no pair no draw.

This dude played almost every hand, usually for a minraise preflop. He loved to call, and if he couldn't call when the action got to him, then he'd bet. Usually small bets, although sometimes he'd bet bigger (and it didn't mean he had a big hand either). He once made a tiny bluff-raise against a tiny river bet after he'd called down with no pair/no draw. I've also seen him bet tiny on the flop/turn from the BB in a limped pot with T2 (no heart) on a board of AKQQ with three hearts, and then he overbet the river by about 35% when the 5 of hearts fell on the river. However, he generally was NOT a big bluffer on the river. I mean, he was certainly LAG and stupid, but he was perfectly capable of checking down a loser quite often. His ace high call also proved to not be typical for him -- he'd go to showdown with all sorts of trashy pairs, but that was the only time I can recall him calling on the end with no pair. (Also, the term LAG doesn't quite describe him right, since much of his aggression came from minraises preflop and postflop minbets. He would more accurately be described as an aggressive calling station, I think.)

So anyway, that game broke up after a while without anymore confrontations of that scale between us, and he later joined another table I was playing.

UTG folds and I raise to $14 with TT. He calls. Others fold.

Flop 665 with two clubs. I bet $20, he calls.

Turn 8. I bet $50, he calls.

River 8. $170 in the pot; we each have around $300 left. My move here?