Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: party 3/6 shorthanded versus 5/10 shorthanded

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing the 3/6 games for 2.5 months now. The first month was great, second month so so, this month I am having a bad swing. I am noticing that it is very tough to find any decent games anymore, anyone else agree? They seem to have become more and more agressive. I am wondering if the 5/10's are better. Should I move up? These are my stats this month:

VP: 21
PFR: 15
Agg: 2.5
WSD: 35.98%
Won at SD: 52.66%
Blind steal: 32%
BB defense: 55%
Folded to river bet: 29.9%

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hi. it think most will tell you that you are too tight, but i think this style can still easily win money. nothing looks absurd here IMO, but your folded to river bet seems a bit low to me. FWIW, mine is 41% through 105K hands of 5/10 and 10/20.

I think you would have to make some adjustments, but having played with you and avoided you, I am sure you could learn to beat the 5/10 game rather quickly.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:34 AM

Thanks Bob, it is very good to hear your opinion. I have always been very scared to move up, although I am adequately bankrolled. I want to make sure I master the game a bit more. I am trying to get my VP up, but cannot seem to get it higher than 22. Still working on it. My river fold % is low, I think because I am calling a lot of river bets with A high heads up. It seems to work, but I know I have to tighten up some. Overall I have been successful so far in these games, but am worried to get crushed higher up. Sounds like the 5/10's are way tougher.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:56 AM

If u only played 3 months and if u are new to shorthanded and if u play 3/6 I think playing 6 tables is a lot. U make good money but u are not learning as fast as u could if u played fewer tables and tried to adapt more.

Playing 6 tables should be done when u can play on autopilot.