Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: oh, there were two players . . .

more importantly HOW CAN SHE IGNORE THE MATH OF THE RIVER PLAY
Old 09-30-2005, 01:18 AM

I love Robyn. One of my favorite people.

But she was wrong to identify one of her opponents as a Black guy. Unless she was saying that his being black was relevant to the play of the hand. Which she says she was not.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
more importantly HOW CAN SHE IGNORE THE MATH OF THE RIVER PLAY

[/ QUOTE ]

The same way she ignored El D's last post.

It's a Vegas local thing. They don't play for the same reasons most of us play. It's not for fun, or money even. It's on some level a way to prove they are superior to others, or to prove to themselves that they are smart. That's why so many are cranky all the time, especially when others are having fun and not playing "right". If those players aren't playing right, they can't see how *smart* the local is. So the local then needs to *explain* to those players how smart they are. You can see a glimpse of it in the tone of Babe's posts in this thread.

Another byproduct of having to prove to yourself and others how smart you are is to check behind because it's vitally important to see that one's narrow read was correct. Even more important than the sacrificed EV.

You have to have played out here to get it.

But the Babe's play worked for her, so that's fine with me. I don't know why everyone's so worried about it if she's ok with it. Let it go. The Babe's good people and her style works for her.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:33 AM

"Let it go. The Babe's good people and her style works for her."

That's what I was trying to say, with less success.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But she was wrong to identify one of her opponents as a Black guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, I think you're being too harsh on her. I thought she was just trying to be nice and didn't want to say directly that he wasn't very smart.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
t's a Vegas local thing. They don't play for the same reasons most of us play. It's not for fun, or money even. It's on some level a way to prove they are superior to others, or to prove to themselves that they are smart. That's why so many are cranky all the time, especially when others are having fun and not playing "right". If those players aren't playing right, they can't see how *smart* the local is. So the local then needs to *explain* to those players how smart they are. You can see a glimpse of it in the tone of Babe's posts in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only played in vegas a few times, but I have seen enough to know that this post could not be more correct.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
t's a Vegas local thing. They don't play for the same reasons most of us play. It's not for fun, or money even. It's on some level a way to prove they are superior to others, or to prove to themselves that they are smart. That's why so many are cranky all the time, especially when others are having fun and not playing "right". If those players aren't playing right, they can't see how *smart* the local is. So the local then needs to *explain* to those players how smart they are. You can see a glimpse of it in the tone of Babe's posts in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only played in vegas a few times, but I have seen enough to know that this post could not be more correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what so fun about taking their cash.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:30 AM

nh
Old 09-30-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But she was wrong to identify one of her opponents as a Black guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, I think you're being too harsh on her. I thought she was just trying to be nice and didn't want to say directly that he wasn't very smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, so wrong...
Old 09-30-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Weak Tight you say Mikel?

[ QUOTE ]
Let me reiterate that last point. If there is any benefit from seeing his hand, then betting is clearly the correct move. Does that make sense, PB?

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet pretty much guarantees that she *doesn't* get to see his hand. Either he calls and most likely mucks without showing, or he checkraises and Babe mucks. I think the point people are missing is that Babe wanted to find out if she was right in ruling out hands other than QQ/JJ. And I also think she knows she's costing herself value on this one hand in order to gain this information.