Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 02:43 AM

Default Daily laugher

I had been at this table for a while, so the reads should be fairly good.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG <font color="purple">(LAG Supreme)</font> calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 <font color="purple">(Calling station)</font> calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(UberFish)</font> calls, CO <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> folds, Button <font color="purple">(likely TAG)</font> folds, Hero completes, BB <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> checks.

For 11-1 against this field, I'm completing this all night long and twice on Sunday. Anyone disagree?

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, TAG checks, LAG Supreme checks, MP1 checks, Calling station checks, <font color="CC3333">UberFish bets</font>, Hero calls, TAG folds, LAG Supreme folds, MP1 folds, Calling station calls.

Not that I mind flopping a boat, but I always struggle with how to play it, especially when first to act. Is it worth potentially missing a couple bets on the flop to hope for later action and keep players in?

In this case, I couldn't imagine this checking through all 5 players, and even when the fish bets on the end, I still lost half of the field.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Calling station checks, <font color="CC3333">UberFish bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Calling station calls, <font color="CC3333">UberFish 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Calling station calls, UberFish calls.

*the Hallelujah chorus plays in the background*

River: (16.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Calling station raises</font>, UberFish calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Calling station caps</font>, UberFish calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 28.50 BB, between Calling station, UberFish and Hero.</font>

I think most of you can narrow down what the Calling station had, but let's see who guesses the Uberfish's hand correctly... Results in the morning.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Daily laugher

Somebody had 34s ? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2004, 03:32 AM

Calling station has hit his flush draw.

Uberfish... well, he loves his hand at the turn, but slows down at the river. Ax or, heaven forbid, A-5 straight?.
If somebody's got the straight flush, I'm sick for you. (on the other hand, it could be your Instant Karma for playing this hand in the first place) The more I think about the action here the more I think He's got Ax like you, but not a boat (he would have slowplayed that).

All that said, I still think your complete here is a little on the loose side. I generally don't do it, for all the reasons you don't play Axoff anywhere else. It's a lousy holding. Nice catch though.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:04 AM

Since you titled this 'that daily laugh' and not 'the daily cry', or 'sobbing uncontrollably into my beer', I'm going to guess that UberFish showed down something utterly atrocious. Say, a pair of fives?
Old 07-28-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Daily laugher (results)

[ QUOTE ]
Since you titled this 'that daily laugh' and not 'the daily cry', or 'sobbing uncontrollably into my beer', I'm going to guess that UberFish showed down something utterly atrocious. Say, a pair of fives?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually crashed into 2 straight flushes (one royal) last night. This, however, was not one of them.

Calling station shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the rivered flush.
Uberfish shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the... uh... missed gutshot... uh... rivered 2 pair...
Old 07-28-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Another laugh-inducing hand

Readjusting to life on Party after revelling in running over the weak-tight Absolute 1/2 tables while clearing bonuses has been quite a shocker.

I can't tell if this hand is funny or sad. Of course, on the river, I was upset about now chopping with any ace...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: bdk3clash is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">bdk3clash raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bdk3clash raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bdk3clash caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">bdk3clash bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bdk3clash raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bdk3clash caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.25 BB, between MP3 and bdk3clash.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by bdk3clash (18.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows 9c Ks (straight, king high).
bdk3clash shows Js Ah (straight, ace high).
Outcome: bdk3clash wins 18.25 BB.
Anyone think MP3 may have overplayed his hand a bit on the river?
</font>
Old 07-29-2004, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Another laugh-inducing hand

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think MP3 may have overplayed his hand a bit on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. He had the second nut and how could he ever put you on an ace? Really, how many players would raise with an ace in their hand? He is obviously a solid playe who got unlucky, like most of the Party populace.