Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: $55: 88 utg w/ the chip lead

[ QUOTE ]
SNGPT gives 0.4% against tight calling ranges, which is in the range you assumed (0.2%-0.5%). SNGPT advocates not pushing when the EV is <0.5%, but I can understand your point if you want to take any +EV edge, however small it may be. I sometimes push this hand, but also sometimes fold it. Since it's so close, it probably doesnt matter significantly if you fold or push, unless the table calls very loose, making a push significantly better.

[/ QUOTE ]

The minimum I see in SNGPT is that this is a +0.6% EV (at TT+, AQs, AKo), And goes up the whether calling ranges move in either direction.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:51 AM

It shouldnt be that highly +EV....you mean it goes down when the calling ranges move in the other directions?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR BECAUSE ITS VERY IMPORTANT. SNGPT does not advocate not pushing when the advantage is less than .5%. If you believe thats the case then you are so drastically abusing the product that its not even funny. Do you realize what .5% advantage is at the $109s? It's about $5. Do you realize thats 5 ROI points right there? I mean if your ROI is something like 50% then maybe you can give them up, but otherwise its not even remotely close. Anything above .2% is basically always an automatic play for me, and people who regularly fold in these spots are being morons IMO. If you want to throw away 2-4 ROI points on one single hand then be my guest. I'd love to be that cavalier with my ROI.

The .5 minimum edge is an EXTREMELY bad default setting. If you pay attention to that you will be playing terrible poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the clarification. One question though, do you have any idea on how accurate SNGPT is? Or the ICM for that matter. I always assumed the 0.5% margin also had to do with the (slight) inaccuracy of the underlying EV model.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:07 AM

I dunno, its been working fine for me and my independant mathematical work for the most part verifies the findings of the progrm.