Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:19 PM

Default 15/30 this line felt weird, 99 multiway

CO is 43/25, pretty aggressive
Button is 72/8/.4, a megafish. I <3 having him on my right.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Surf is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Surf calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Surf checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Surf raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Surf bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Surf checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Surf folds.

Surf
Old 12-10-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: 15/30 this line felt weird, 99 multiway

I think a 3-bet is pretty mandatory PF. Then bet, bet and bet against that guy. The river is tough, but you'll get paid very often by no diamond and folding to a river raise is super easy.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:03 PM

Remember that this is a bluff heavy board, the pot is large its not uncommon for villan to fling chips at you, and fold to a raise...

Im calling here about 1/3 times...
cdl
Old 12-10-2005, 08:13 PM

I don't see any reason not to 3bet this preflop. You're destroying CO's openraising range (tons of hands containing a card less than 9) and annihilating button's coldcalling range. Furthermore, you increase your chances of knocking out the BB. There's not even an argument for keeping the pot smaller with the intention of checkraising the flop because a flop checkraise will usually only confront BB with 2 cold, and this is only if he calls preflop. And if you had 3bet he probably wouldn't have called anyway.

As for postflop I think your flop and turn play is fine. I'm not folding that river though. Either bet/fold or if you're uncomfortable with that check/call. Yea he has an AF of .4 but stats can be unreliable and the guys VPIP is 72 for god's sake.

If the BB was not in, I could see an argument for calling the flop and reevaluating on the turn, but with him in I think a flop checkraise is the best play.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:06 PM

I agree completely. I am 3-betting PF and bet/folding river. I hate the check/fold.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:22 PM

So I was going to bet the river, but I couldn't think of more than like 5% of his hands calling that I was ahead of... He's super-passive so I expected to get a free showdown from many hands I was ahead of.

Is it worth it to bet my pair of nines to fold out worse hands and save myself from being bluffed off the best hand? I honestly didn't see lots of none-diamond hands that I was ahead of calling the turn and betting the river, given his passive nature.

Surf
Old 12-10-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So I was going to bet the river, but I couldn't think of more than like 5% of his hands calling that I was ahead of...

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't he call with any pair and possibly worse? His vpip is 72! There are plenty of combinations for worse pairs than yours with no diamond.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree completely. I am 3-betting PF and bet/folding river. I hate the check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 AM

I would never fold this river against this type of opponent getting 10-1.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:11 AM

you had a read, nothing wrong with using it. folding it is fine once he bets. But given that same read, its still prolly a value bet in this spot for you to bet it, as I can see him calling with lots of stuff you beat and its an easy fold if he raises