Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 12:24 AM

Default This felt wrong.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

Villian is a 37/20, very tricky, very agro, hard to read.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: This felt wrong.

For you to take this line, you have to think that he will bet every street and have less than a ace at least 1/3 of the time. I don't think this is realistic, and I think you are probably behind to a better ace, or some pocker pair, or a ten. Fold the flop, and try again next time. Alternatively, you could try check raising the flop, and leading the turn, but I would like some good reads that villain is willing to give up easy, and would not try this too often.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:31 AM

I probably would have folded the turn if it wasnt for the gutter.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have folded the turn if it wasnt for the gutter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that you had that, but you are only getting 5.5:1 on your call. If your plan from the turn is to call down to the river, you are paying 6.5:2, or about 3:1, which I don't think you are good nearly enough. If your plan is to call the turn, and only call a good river, you don't have the 7 outs that you need.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:38 AM

What is his approximate 3-betting range when you open from the CO? I suppose it makes a difference that he is very aggro, as with some of those types 89s etc. aren't out of the question. Against a standard opponent this is a pretty easy C/F on the flop for me.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:41 AM

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably mid pockets, most aces, suited kings, stuff like JTs and Q9s.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:41 AM

c/r this flop, maybe raise the turn. Probably just test him on the flop.

blake
Old 11-19-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r this flop, maybe raise the turn. Probably just test him on the flop.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop check raise might be ok, but since he 3-bet us preflop, I don't think a fold is all that bad. A turn check raise here is pretty bad IMO, as it is really expensive, we are behind to a good portion to his range, and if he 3-bets, we would be forced into calling with our slim odds. We would be getting 9.5:1, and since we would have 4 outs to the almost nuts (unless he has the rare TT), plus the occasional times hitting our ace wins us the pot, we are forced into calling. This is bad, as often when we hit our ace we will be paying off a better hand anyway.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 PM

A very similar thread by obsidion (?sp?) half a week ago. The consensus was that the check call line was the best against an agro opponent.