Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Ridiculous Tipping

So last week, I went to Brooklyn Heights with a friend of mine and we went out to this ale house for dinner, had a few beers, some good food and generally a good time.

When it came time to pay the bill, I needed the bartender to break a $20 for me, and I left him a dollar on the bar. My friend made fun of me for tipping the guy for making change, but I'd been drinking and I try to be an overly generous tipper anyway, because I know that when they see an early 20s college kid, people expect me to be an awful tipper.

Anyway, what's the most ridiculous tip you have/would ever give?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Ridiculous Tipping

I got pizza with two of my friends back in probably 8th or 9th grade, and we were at a rather nice brick oven pizza place during prime dinner time on probably a thursday or friday night. We got one pizza to split. Needless to say, the waiter wasn't too happy about losing a table to the three of us, and didn't provide very good service.

We tipped him 120% the price of the meal just for the look on his face (we stood by the door and watched). It was well worth it.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:12 PM

I was at my friend's dorm one day and we decided to get Domino's. It came to 20-25 and when I got down there, the guy goes "25 for the pizza, 5 for the tip," and since I can't understand foreigners I said "what?" and he goes "just kidding" but then I process that it was what he said and laugh and give him the tip.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:13 PM

I tried to tip the cafeteria lady in elementary school. After buying my food I said "keep the change" and walked away. She made me take it back though.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to tip the cafeteria lady in elementary school. After buying my food I said "keep the change" and walked away. She made me take it back though.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha that's awesome!
Old 06-26-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, what's the most ridiculous tip you have/would ever give?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think I've ever given a ridiculous tip but the craziest tip I ever received was when I was bartending about 20 years ago. Gerry Cooney came in with a couple friends, ordered 3 rounds of mixed drinks, and left me a $100 tip. Unfortunately for bartenders throughout the NY area he has quit drinking.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at my friend's dorm one day and we decided to get Domino's. It came to 20-25 and when I got down there, the guy goes "25 for the pizza, 5 for the tip," and since I can't understand foreigners I said "what?" and he goes "just kidding" but then I process that it was what he said and laugh and give him the tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a pizza guy do that to me, I'd stiff his ass
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a pizza guy do that to me, I'd stiff his ass

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tell he was clearly joking and since he was probably poor I decided a nice tip would be +KE
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Didn't I read in the B&M Vegas thread about someone tipping the dealer the whole pot? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 PM

I used to work in a restaurant and we had this woman who came in by herself every day for a week, order a $1.25 cup of coffee, leave a $50 tip, and we never saw her again.