Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Transferring funds for my mother

Ok, so my mother wants me to set her up with a poker account. She is not particularly savvy with the whole online commerce thing and does not want to tie a Neteller account (which she does not have yet) to her checking account, and knowing her, any effort on her part beyond 'install the software and run it with my money already there' is going to be frowned on.

I also know that most poker sites frown on transferring money between players (else I would simply give her $100 via Party) and there is no way I'm going to risk an account via chip dumping.

That said, what would you recommend to be the easiest way to get her started? I can grab sign up bonuses for her to supplement the bankroll, but I do not want this to devolve into that kind of thread as I'd like to simply get her the money first and the bonuses would just be on top of that.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Transferring funds for my mother

Transfer her $100? Party would be all for this...they even suggest it in their affiliate program as a method of eliminating the concerns you mentioned. I believe they're only against using the feature like a "bank" to pay off debts and things of that nature, without putting the money into play. Do you reside at the same address? If not, have her create the account with an affiliate code and transfer her the money.