Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Anyone notice this on UB

This may just be bad luck, but it seems that when going into the last 100 or so players, they cram the big stacks at one table.

I finished 20th on the 10 rebuy the other night, from 100 on there was only 1-3 players at our table that were out of the top 20 in chip count, and at one time we had 1-5 lol.

I had noticed this on others I have played there, just wondering if others have had the same experience.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Anyone notice this on UB

I haven't noticed it on UB. But I've seen it on Pokerroom. From about the 4th level on 3 of the top 10 are always at the same table.

Makes me wonder if there's a glitch in the software, of if it's intentional, or if I'm just unlucky when I get a top 10 stack. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 PM

Ive played like 125 tourneys on UB..only been a HUGE stack early perhaps 7 times(Im very tight early), but no I have never noticed it but it could be a product of you guys emptying your tables by busting people this makes logical sense if you think about it.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:46 PM

The other night in a 10+1 on UB, I was in 2nd chip position out of ~400 when I got moved to a new table on the right of the 1 guy who outstacked me. After I whined about it in the chat, someone said UB does it on purpose (collecting the big stacks at what will be the final table). Perhaps supporting this theory, the average stack of the other 8 on our table was &gt;2x the overall average, and our table wound up being either the final or penultimate table.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:02 PM

limit tourney i won a couple of days ago (im CoverGirlROck on there btw) and final 12, our table made up stakcs 1-6 in the tourney, by a good few thousand
Old 12-09-2004, 12:09 AM

If they did do this I would classify this as highly unethical, as seat placement should be random. This seems to favor medium stacks and especially hurt the low-end of the big stacks.

If a conscious decision I wouldn't play at UB because of it. Hope it's just a quirk.

WJ