Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Snowmen...

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB? calls, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB? checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB? calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB? folds, UTG+1 calls.

My main question was whether I should have capped here. Both of them seem to like their hand, so could I have let them continue the betting for me? My smooth call/cap screamed monster, I think...(I would wait for the turn to ram and jam this pot?)

Turn: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 04-21-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Snowmen...

No need. It could have worked to wait, but many players at these limits have no problem re-raising on the turn after a flop cap anyway. I say put the pedal down and get as many bets in that pot as quickly as possible.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:54 PM

Without a read or an idea of exactly who you expect to lead the betting, it's tough to say whether you should. You sacrifice 1 BB on the flop for how many on the turn?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:38 PM

I wouldn't hit any other button than the raise button
Old 04-21-2005, 05:29 PM

I'm calling the 3-bet so UTG bets into me on the turn. You're right, the capping bet there definitely shuts everyone up.

Usually I'm cool with jamming a pot like this where people seem to like their hands. But going from a smooth-call to a cap here is just a little to obvious and is losing money on the turn.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:43 PM

There's a very good chance you've flopped the winning hand.

With that in mind, I don't cap this. You get those two bets on the flop, but you could possibly get 2 more big bets on both the turn and river if you let UTG bet into you. Raising the river would probably get you another bet.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:47 PM

I'm calling this 3 bet, and popping the turn. There's a good enough chance to get more value this way.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:49 PM

the way you played it is fine. There are too many ways, with you in between the two villains, for a smooth call here to actually get less money (or the same amount) in the pot, as you'll constantly have to judge whether to bet into someone or ck and hopefully raise or whether you need to smooth call or raise, potentially forcing people out.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the way you played it is fine. There are too many ways, with you in between the two villains, for a smooth call here to actually get less money (or the same amount) in the pot, as you'll constantly have to judge whether to bet into someone or ck and hopefully raise or whether you need to smooth call or raise, potentially forcing people out.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the fact is that if he caps the flop, he gains 1 BB. If he calls, he can gain up to 4. Well, 3 since there was a fold on the river.

Anyways, he would only lose 1 BB by only calling.

I think it is more profitable to call here.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:55 PM

I think I'd get the money in while they're still willing. A lot of folks fold for the double bet on the turn, so I'll just jam this. Maybe I'll get less b/c of it...