Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Queens up. River decisions

Only the beginnings of a read on the villain. Loose, so/so passive agressive, too soon to tell. (15 or so hands)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ??

I wanted to raise here, because I was fairly sure he was raising his Q on the flop. Judging by what little I've seen of his play, this would not be out of line for him. However, with the possible gutshot on the board, I was inclined to be cautious. *<font color="white"> I called </font> * How'd I do?

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Queens up. River decisions

I'm calling down from the turn 3 bet.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:17 PM

I don't the river card changes anything. Given the action he has either a set or a lower two pair I think, though this is on Party so who knows. IMO 3-betting is spewing without a specific read that he goes crazy like this with hands worse than two pair.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:19 PM

sorry answered the wrong thread.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:30 PM

Against an unknown player who caps the flop and 3-bets a turn check-raise, I think I just call down from there. Two pair really isn't a strong enough hand to be capping this turn IMO.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:51 PM

Yes, I thought that you had somewhat overplayed your hand, but the other posters have already suggested this.