Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 12:12 AM

Default UB vs. Pokerstars 6 max

I want to know from anyone that has real experience at both. Which is better PS or UB 2/4 6max? Any hard data would be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: UB vs. Pokerstars 6 max

That depends what you are looking for. My experience was that UB $2/$4 was the tightest post-flop game of any site at that limit. Of course I was playing UK time and it was a few months ago.

UB players were much better post-flop, still quite a few loose players, a few very LAG players but typically weak-tightish. A raise means you are in trouble, a 3-bet and you are almost certainly against the nuts, or a total nut. The games are very beatable, you just won't see many big pots without a LAG or two on the table.

PS $2/$4 is more aggressive and stupid loose. Pick your tables and the games are pretty soft, but they play fast and loose. More varied player types so be sure to work on your reads and take plenty of notes.

My preference would be the Stars game, due to the higher aggression and lower trickyness. You should play the UB games as well as there is something to be learned from playing those games (controlled aggression being one).
Old 03-20-2005, 06:26 AM

Do either of these sites offer monthly bonuses?

That would also help my decision, as I dont play at either.

Also, approx how many games do they have of 6 max at $2/$4?
Old 03-20-2005, 06:36 AM

Bonuses are rare at UB and Stars, probably once every 3 months or so. The Stars bonus gets paid real quick, UB much more slowly (but incremented).

UB will have 1-4 games going, Stars anything from 2-3 to 10 depending on the time of day/day of week. Suggest you look in from time to time to determine for yourself what the games are like/numbers.