Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 PM

Default I know someone who can play 32 tables at a time!

Okay, how many of you thought to yourself, “BS” when you read the title of my post? I think that when someone talks about playing 8 tables at one time. I went over the edge after reading a post earlier today discussing buying a 22” monitor for the purpose of getting up to 20 tables on the screen at a time. What kind of poker is that? There is some thought involved with this game even if it is being played over the internet, right? Considering all the nuances involved with playing just one table and to think about multiplying that by 8 or 10 or 12 with a screen screaming at you every 5 seconds for action, who has the mental energy to do that for any length of time, much less successfully? Hey, my mother plays an ungodly amount of bingo cards at a time, but that is bingo. Bingo poker is not. I guess some of you could be calling me an idiot right now as you read this, breezing through 8 tables, making a post of your own and eating a sandwich all at the same time. Just give me some detail; anything that I can hang my hat that proves to me playing 8 or more tables does allow for reasonable thought process time and is profitable. Maybe there is no thought, and that is where I am missing it. Is it just canned responses to an action? Are you a bot? I have no problem admitting I am wrong. I am just unbelievably skeptical.