Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: ($22) TT in SB vs. BB

A couple of things. I would have just gone ahead and pushed preflop instead of raising to 400. Villian may have called anyway with A6, which, as you said you're not unhappy about but pushing gives your more ways to win the hand.

TT is a solid favorite against a random hand, so I understand raising to try to get some action for a loose BB, but I think 400 is too small. He's going to read it as nothing but a steal attempt and come after you with almost any hand. If you raise to 600-800, he may call with something like Ax, but he's probably not going to be confident enough in his hand to reraise you before the flop. A continuation bet may even make him fold a better hand on the flop (although, if he's super aggro, he'll probably go all the way with top pair/weak kicker.)

As for how the hand played out. I don't like the push after the reraise. I would rather call and aggressively bet a relatively safe flop (ie. not the one that actually happened).