Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Loose player got me dead on the turn? (3bet or not?)

This hand came up between me and a loose player. His VPIP is 55.5% with an agro of 1.36. Anyways I found this hand a pecular hand. What ought I be thinking about the villians hand on the turn? Also what is my line on the turn? Should I be 3betting this and why?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ???

Your help is much appreciated after a weeks hiatus.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Loose player got me dead on the turn? (3bet or not?)

i guess I am wondering what one would gain by 3 betting this. You only have top pair, and aggression has been shown against you. Knowing his range of starting hands, here he is likey to have anything from 2 pair to pp. Unless you think he would play something say QJ here, it is hard to forsee you have the best hand. Unless this guy has a high aggresion factor I think I lay this down.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Looking at the odds... Trying to justify a call

Well if we look at it, it is 8-1 for me to call on the turn. I guess what I should of asked more clearily is what should I be trying to beat here so that I can draw out to two pair or better?

Do the odds justify a call after analyzing what the villian could have and what I beat?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:20 PM

he is a 55% VPIP, not showing this down would be a crime.
At the same i think i just call the turn and call any river unless we improve.
My logic would be that if he is bluffing a draw here you dont gain any bets by 3 betting since most times he fires the river again if you just call the turn and if you 3 bet he will just call the turn and check fold the river.

If he has you beat obviously we want to showdown as cheap as possible. We could be drawing dead to a set.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Hmmm... So more times than not I want to see a showdown. Would you say I am beat most the times in this position, cuse the player was weak and he wasn't betting his strong draws at all.

Can we possibly justify a fold for this hand if the board was a lot more coordinated and the turn just made it even worse?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 AM

Im always seeing a showdown here.